Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Braided Steel Fuel Line

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Braided Steel Fuel Line

Where can I purchase braided steel line that is rated for 60+psi? Jegs and Summit have decent prices but don't make any claims for high psi applications.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,393 Likes on 879 Posts

Originally Posted by 86SS86LS
Where can I purchase braided steel line that is rated for 60+psi? Jegs and Summit have decent prices but don't make any claims for high psi applications.
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...=KeywordSearch

Not sure where your looking.

Personally I would find a local, industrial, hydraulic hose supplier.

Andrew
Old 02-17-2008, 12:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I got mine from Ebay but it's only rated to 55psi or something. I'm running carbed though. I was still planning on using it when i had orgionally planned on running EFI. I figured that since it was braided steel that 55psi was close enough. I bought it in a 25ft roll for like $60 shipped.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Those from Jeg's or Summit will be find.. Check with your local part or HP store.. they should carry SS Braided hose that you can buy by the Foot. But as stated above... you can check with a local shop that handles industrial / hydraulic hose and tubing supplys
Old 02-17-2008, 12:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

It boggles the mind where people cut corners on their projects. For starters, you should not have more than 2-3 feet of flexible line in the whole car! Hardline is inexpensive, easy to work with and will last practically forever, unlike the eBay special, made in China, from god knows what, braided hose. After seeing what pump gas does to all makes of hose, I would use as little of it as needed. Teflon lines hose will not be effected by pump gas, but its not very flexible.

Andrew
Old 02-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
It boggles the mind where people cut corners on their projects. For starters, you should not have more than 2-3 feet of flexible line in the whole car! Hardline is inexpensive, easy to work with and will last practically forever, unlike the eBay special, made in China, from god knows what, braided hose. After seeing what pump gas does to all makes of hose, I would use as little of it as needed. Teflon lines hose will not be effected by pump gas, but its not very flexible.

Andrew
I guess I didn't think that I was cutting corners by using braided line. Seems like a lot folks are using it without any problems. Are there any documented failures of braided steel line?
Old 02-17-2008, 01:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 86SS86LS
I guess I didn't think that I was cutting corners by using braided line. Seems like a lot folks are using it without any problems. Are there any documented failures of braided steel line?
I was talking about the eBay hose. The point is that just because its "braided" hose, it doesn't mean it's a quality product.

Andrew
Old 02-17-2008, 01:45 PM
Staging Lane

I was talking about the eBay hose. The point is that just because its "braided" hose, it doesn't mean it's a quality product.

Andrew
Thanks for the clarification.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

So is the braided hose OK.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased steel braided hi temp 1200 psi hose at my local hydralic shop.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Andrew
Also, just because its on eBay, doesn't mean it from china.
Sometimes people sell stuff they didn't end up using, or bought too much of, etc, etc, etc.

Stop hating on eBay. You can find a lot of **** there for dirt cheap because someone doesn't need it anymore.
This is not to say that there aren't sub-par parts on there, but if you look at the seller its easy to tell if he's selling off his extra good parts vs selling cheapest crap he can get his hands on
/rant
Old 02-17-2008, 06:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SirWarrior
Also, just because its on eBay, doesn't mean it from china.
Sometimes people sell stuff they didn't end up using, or bought too much of, etc, etc, etc.

Stop hating on eBay. You can find a lot of **** there for dirt cheap because someone doesn't need it anymore.
This is not to say that there aren't sub-par parts on there, but if you look at the seller its easy to tell if he's selling off his extra good parts vs selling cheapest crap he can get his hands on
/rant
I am not hating on eBay. All I am saying is "buyer beware."

Andrew

Quick Reply: Braided Steel Fuel Line