Anyone bartend?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 12:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone bartend?

i need something to work around school. bartending would be perfect. However, no bartending exp. How can I get into that? I have heard that bartending schools are a joke
Old 02-18-2008, 12:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

i would think that some books and going to a bar and watching would help, as well as talking to a bartender while having some drinks.
similar to being a waiter

well first of all, you would need to learn the drinks, then know how to make them, then how to look cool, then how to treat/talk to the customer(s)
Old 02-18-2008, 12:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

unfortunatly we dont hire bartenders at our restaurants, we sell mainly beer in bottles and cans, also a mix drink called "michelada", we sell lots of those daily. we do sell a couple of margaritas and pina coladas every once in a while tho.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dirty 30
i would think that some books and going to a bar and watching would help, as well as talking to a bartender while having some drinks.
similar to being a waiter

well first of all, you would need to learn the drinks, then know how to make them, then how to look cool, then how to treat/talk to the customer(s)

Yea, I was thinking the same thing. I might do the bartending course just for my sake, to learn the drinks good and well.

the know how to talk to customers is easy as hell. People love me even though I hate most of them lol