Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of an LS1 swap, need some advice.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Thinking of an LS1 swap, need some advice.

I'm thinking of doing a 05 Dodge Magnum (V6) or an 05 Mustang (V6), if I can find one for a decent price. But my question, is what can I do about the factory wiring, head lights, dash lights, ect.. and is possible to use the factory gauges?

Thanks.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anythings possible. But it would seem a tonne easier to swap in a newer hemi motor?

We have a '06 Magnum R/T. Its a damn nice ride, doesnt handle worth **** in the snow (ive ditched it twice ) But judging by all the little bell's and whistles it would be one hell of a wireing job.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my opinion this is one small part of doing a swap or conversion. I get asked about wiring, existing gauges etc...all the time. In actualtity, depending on the donor and the subject of the conversion, you have to make alot of compromises, quite a few modifications and be ready to tackle each phase separately. Getting familiar with all the components involved is the easiest way, get some service info on the Dodge or whatever. You'll never be able to just wade in there and "rewire" it, especially if you haven't done this type of thing before. I've done so many of these things over the past 30 years that it doesn't scare me anymore........but it takes quite some time to get fearless!