Good exhaust shop in Houston (Pearland)?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 11:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Good exhaust shop in Houston (Pearland)?

Looking to get a custom dual exhaust done on the SS. I can't stand the Y banging on the floorpan anymore. Would really like to come up with something like these:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/599926-kooks-3-true-duals-over-axle-exhaust.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/127681-kooks-true-dual-2-5-bolt-over-axle-setup-need-feedback.html

I have had previous work by Lonestar over on Telephone, but I don't have the confidence that I can take these pictures and end up with the same quality... Any ideas? Good experience with other shops?

Thanks.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:36 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Have you never done the BFH to the floorboard??? If not maybe go to G-Force is close to you and have them beat on them floorboards.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:39 AM
Teching In

Josh over at LMR does some of the best custom fab work!
Old 02-18-2008, 11:41 AM
On The Tree

Yea - I could beat on it, but that wouldn't help in my case. The y hits in a couple of different places... I think the guy that threw my driver side header and y together at Kooks was having a bad day
Old 02-18-2008, 11:51 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Originally Posted by LankyLS-1
Yea - I could beat on it, but that wouldn't help in my case. The y hits in a couple of different places... I think the guy that threw my driver side header and y together at Kooks was having a bad day
That just means you have to beat it in a few spots, I had to as well. Everybody has issues with headers and y-pipes, you're not the only one. But at least that means its not that close to the ground.

And what 00'BlueSS said is true, Josh can fab.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Banned

Looking to get a custom dual exhaust done on the SS. I can't stand the Y banging on the floorpan anymore. Would really like to come up with something like these:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=599926
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127681

I have had previous work by Lonestar over on Telephone, but I don't have the confidence that I can take these pictures and end up with the same quality... Any ideas? Good experience with other shops?

Thanks.
I always recommend lonestar, they do great work and have done a lot more complicated exhaust setups than what you are wanting.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

Lonestar was helpful a few years ago. Had work done on my 98, on the BeaSSt, plenty of of good experience. But, the past couple of times I have been there have just been a pain in the a$$ - seemed as if they didn't really want to mess with the stuff I was bringing in, not taking their time, not working with me.

Who knows, may have shown up on bad days, but that just doesn't sit real well with me.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Lonestar was helpful a few years ago. Had work done on my 98, on the BeaSSt, plenty of of good experience. But, the past couple of times I have been there have just been a pain in the a$$ - seemed as if they didn't really want to mess with the stuff I was bringing in, not taking their time, not working with me.

Who knows, may have shown up on bad days, but that just doesn't sit real well with me.

I had the same experience. I hate to say that, because so many people recommend them and spoke highly of them, but when I went the guy's basic response was, "Well, aftermarket exhausts never fit like stock."

G-Force came up with a cheap and elegant solution to my problem.

-Mike
Old 02-18-2008, 11:37 PM
On The Tree

Agreed...very frustrating.

Guess I may run by G-Force at some point and see what they have in terms of advice.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Theres only 1 guy I will let touch the cars up at lonestar. He takes care of me I take care of him........I always forget his name tho......big stalky guy, tatoos, Eric I think.....I always have to ask craig.....lol
Old 02-19-2008, 08:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Check out Brad's Muffler on Highway 6 in Alvin! He did a custom exhaust for us on a Trailblazer SS last week in stainless that turned out great!! Great prices too!!
Old 02-19-2008, 08:48 AM
Launching!

Will any of these shops do true duals dumped
Old 02-19-2008, 09:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If your willing to travel a little bit further, theirs some great shops int he manvel area that have done some work on late generation vehicles.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:21 AM
On The Tree

I don't mind traveling...Names?

Pretty sure I'm going to run by several places with pictures and see how the shops come across.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

There was one shop in particular that I went too that was recommended by a friend. I needed some work done on my 01 SS and she had taken her T/A over there also. They actually had to cut and weld a cat onto the collector of her header so they know their way around these cars.

It's called Brads Muffler Shop and they are actually closer to Alvin, Texas then Manvel.

3790 E Highway 6, Alvin, TX
(281) 331-2077‎

I would call them up and tell them what you want, and they should be able to work with you.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If for whatever reason that doesn't work you can also try Manvel Muffler. I haven't been to them in years but last I checked they were pretty reputable. Either way you should be able to find what your looking for in that area, as most of those shops are still privately owned and still care about protecting their reputation, versus the corporate owned conglomerates that you would find in the suburban sprawl that will take a ******* pickaxe to your car and not even blink.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ben R
Check out Brad's Muffler on Highway 6 in Alvin! He did a custom exhaust for us on a Trailblazer SS last week in stainless that turned out great!! Great prices too!!
Oh snap. I didn't even see this.

Yeah, i would check out Brads for sure.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:06 AM
On The Tree

Sounds like a plan - I'll probably head over there this afternoon or tomorrow to talk to him about it.

Thanks guys.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:09 AM
TECH Regular

If you go to Brad's, ask for Robert. He is the one with hair. He fabbed up my y pipe and always does my work. Tell him that Randy sent you, that way he will charge you an additional 20%.

I went by there last week and had him weld on a 1 chamber on my truck. Has a great sound to it with the factory cats and a dump.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Randy_S
If you go to Brad's, ask for Robert. He is the one with hair. He fabbed up my y pipe and always does my work. Tell him that Randy sent you, that way he will charge you an additional 20%.

-Mike

Quick Reply: Good exhaust shop in Houston (Pearland)?