Header plus Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 06:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header plus Muffler

Has anyone ran a MUFFLER right off the LT header with some turn downs... Got Pics ??? Post them up.... I am thinking of running this kind of setup ...I dont want it to be to loud so any muffler ideas would help.. Thanks
Old 02-18-2008, 06:35 PM
Teching In

i did that 1 day when i went to get my exhaust put on and it was redicliously loud plus i dont think its good for the car because it needs to have a crossover
Old 02-18-2008, 08:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by quik02z
i did that 1 day when i went to get my exhaust put on and it was redicliously loud plus i dont think its good for the car because it needs to have a crossover
i am not real sure there would be enouph back pressure... Thats why i was looking for a 2 mufflers that would cut down on the sound and give the eng some back pressure...
Old 02-18-2008, 08:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by my number 1 hater
i am not real sure there would be enouph back pressure... Thats why i was looking for a 2 mufflers that would cut down on the sound and give the eng some back pressure...
backpressure...thats a good one.

Any muffler that will muffle very well right off the header will have packing which won't like the extreme heat generated in that area. They'll just burn out. Run the pipes back and place the mufflers before the rear end w/turn downs. This'll give you room for an X or H pipe. It looks like the rear of your car sits higher so you'll also have more ground clearance to run a full bodied muffler since you don't want it loud.

Last edited by Greed4Speed; 02-18-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hahaha i am glad someone got it....LOL Im not worried about Law dog.... but i did not think about muffler burn out..
Old 02-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Launching!

I always wondered how an LS1 f-body would sound with true duals but without an h/x pipe or anything like that. Just LT's, exhaust tubing all the way back and two seperate mufflers. Kinda like how the exhaust was on the old cars. My Dad's '79 Corvette is like that.

Sorry about the thread hijack...
Old 02-18-2008, 11:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GunshotZ28
I always wondered how an LS1 f-body would sound with true duals but without an h/x pipe or anything like that. Just LT's, exhaust tubing all the way back and two seperate mufflers. Kinda like how the exhaust was on the old cars. My Dad's '79 Corvette is like that.

Sorry about the thread hijack...

probably sound the same unless you run them on each side with a side exit exhaust. you would just be hearing 4 on one side 4 on the other and unless you stick your ear up to one tail pipe your gonna hear 8 cylinders lol