View Full Version : 75 days....

Nautilus
02-18-2008, 08:16 PM
...until the first quickstreet race! I'm starting to get spring fever.

Cleaned out the garage

Organized my tools (Which got dumped out of my tool box at the last race):bang:

Car starts coming apart tomorrow :D

I haven't even looked at the car since I pushed it into the garage last November. I didn't even drain the water out of it or pump anti-freeze, I just put a little space heater blowing under the car, I probably spent $300 in electricity this winter just to keep it from freezing :jest:

I'll have a shit load of parts for sale in the next few weeks... still looking for a drivers side T-top if anyone has one cheap :emb: :jest:

thechef
02-18-2008, 08:30 PM
what do you plan to do for this year??
pm me if ya want....to keep it secret lol

Nautilus
02-18-2008, 08:46 PM
what do you plan to do for this year??
pm me if ya want....to keep it secret lol

:secret2: :secret2: :secret2:

http://www.luskvilledragway.com/images/good_jet_shot_1.jpg

Slowhawk
02-18-2008, 08:55 PM
Our first race is very close,I think next weekend.Coming out with something new this year.

Nautilus
02-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Our first race is very close,I think next weekend.Coming out with something new this year.

Dez? Or someone else?

BoostnTBSS
02-18-2008, 09:25 PM
I will be there prob by the second race since the Babys due first of april!!!!! :) What class of quick street you plan on running? due they have a full set of rules for 2008?

Nautilus
02-18-2008, 09:35 PM
I will be there prob by the second race since the Babys due first of april!!!!! :) What class of quick street you plan on running? due they have a full set of rules for 2008?

I'll be running Real Street (9.50). They don't really have any rules... they just make them up as they go :eyes: Page 44 of the NED racers handbook has the same rules as last year, but they change them at random. Basically I don't assume anything, I go to the outlaw racing corp tent and ask questions a couple times a day when we're at the track.

And congrats on the baby on the way!

Krazy98Z28
02-18-2008, 10:51 PM
Do you have the schedule for all the races?

I plan on running fast street once my car is together.

Nautilus
02-18-2008, 11:07 PM
Do you have the schedule for all the races?

I plan on running fast street once my car is together.

This is the tentative schedule... it will be updated with any final changes on March 1st.

http://www.newenglanddragway.com/hardcopys/eventflyers/schedule.swf

Fast street is going to be a huge class this year, last fall the class was getting bigger every week.

BoostnTBSS
02-19-2008, 05:21 AM
Looks like quick street 8.49-9.49 for me:) i wish they would let you race with lettering cause then the GN could race it as well!!!!

BoostnTBSS
02-19-2008, 05:30 AM
[QUOTE=Nautilus; And congrats on the baby on the way![/QUOTE]

Thanks !!! should be fun!!!!!

ya there should be a good group of cars this year!!! i just looked over the rules and it looks like they deleted some from last year!!!!! i know the wheels up yellow 69 yanko will be there:chug: running the 9.50 class!!! so should be a good clas to watch!!!

Nautilus
02-19-2008, 06:18 AM
Thanks !!! should be fun!!!!!

ya there should be a good group of cars this year!!! i just looked over the rules and it looks like they deleted some from last year!!!!! i know the wheels up yellow 69 yanko will be there:chug: running the 9.50 class!!! so should be a good clas to watch!!!

And I'll spend all year trying to cut a light half as good as him :bang: I think it's going to be a good year, it started out slow lasy year but by the fall the classes were getting huge.

JL ws-6
02-19-2008, 07:07 AM
Once my junk's together 9.50 index will have another car. Sorry to say I won't be doing any big wheels up launches I don't expect... but running the # shouldn't be a problem.

BoostnTBSS
02-19-2008, 07:07 AM
ya well its not Curtis running the car anymore like before... its the Amaral the the owner this year and i dont know if he will be on the bottle either.... i know one thing the new motor set up went 9.41 on motor only....

Noyzee
02-19-2008, 07:40 AM
cars are so gay, its winter, sled time baby.

My car has been chillin on my lift since the last time out in the fall. untouched. havent even looked at it, but since i did tubes i havent even added air to the tires. lol

i do have to get a move on here and get a set of heads. also i think im going to get rid of my big ass stock location fuel system, see if i can loose 100 pounds with it. then maybe a set of wheelie bars. or maybe i will just throw a set of heads on it and rip it out and run it as is. we'll see. right now there snow, must play in the snow

JL ws-6
02-19-2008, 08:28 AM
What class are you gonna try to run this year Brad? Another 100 lbs out and a good set of heads may be enough to get it close to 8.50 class yes?

BoostnTBSS
02-19-2008, 08:38 AM
I would say the 8.50 class will be the 8.1's cars that dont have the new SFI setup.... similar to my car certed to 8.50's... car ran 5.41 in the 1/8 with 750fwhp NOS small block.... now 150lbs lighter and 300 plus HP :) good for 8.50's

Noyzee
02-19-2008, 08:58 AM
What class are you gonna try to run this year Brad? Another 100 lbs out and a good set of heads may be enough to get it close to 8.50 class yes?

i'll probably keep running the real street 9.5 index, im not sure yet. i think im just throwing a set of cheep heads back on it to get her ripping again so with the 100 shot im pretty good with the 9.5 class its a little to fast, but i can tune it down a scrap. im not sure tho. i may just say screw it and let all the sand baggers run real street and i'll loose in quick street. lol

JL ws-6
02-19-2008, 09:30 AM
Come on now, don't be calling me a sandbagger..... I've only run 9.6 :)

JL ws-6
02-19-2008, 09:33 AM
I would say the 8.50 class will be the 8.1's cars that dont have the new SFI setup.... similar to my car certed to 8.50's... car ran 5.41 in the 1/8 with 750fwhp NOS small block.... now 150lbs lighter and 300 plus HP :) good for 8.50's

Why, what changed for SFI now? I'm already wondering if I'm gonna get the boot for not having a chute on the car, I'm hoping they stick with the 150 mph deal and not try to inforce the 9.99/135 mph that seems to be floating around.

OF course with epping being ihra, they'll probably give me shit for getting an nhra lic and chassis cert anyway.

Noyzee
02-19-2008, 09:53 AM
Why, what changed for SFI now? I'm already wondering if I'm gonna get the boot for not having a chute on the car, I'm hoping they stick with the 150 mph deal and not try to inforce the 9.99/135 mph that seems to be floating around.

OF course with epping being ihra, they'll probably give me shit for getting an nhra lic and chassis cert anyway.

jl, for what its worth, NED will do an IHRA cert just about any day they are racing as long as Buddy, or joe are there they will do a cert on the spot. goes pretty fast as well

JL ws-6
02-19-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm sure if they see a car with an NHRA cert on it already it will go pretty quick, the rules aren't that much differnet.

Have you heard anything about the chute requirments changing? I'm hoping it stays at 150, no way I'm getting near that # any time soon.

Noyzee
02-19-2008, 10:23 AM
I'm sure if they see a car with an NHRA cert on it already it will go pretty quick, the rules aren't that much differnet.

Have you heard anything about the chute requirments changing? I'm hoping it stays at 150, no way I'm getting near that # any time soon.

i had a nhra, all they did was sonic test it, check my window net and just a fast look over it. bruce did mine, and i get alot of people very impressed with his work. including the tech guys at different tracks. he is good. just cover your car, it gets scratched at his shop . lol

JL ws-6
02-19-2008, 11:05 AM
He did o.k. with the 6 pt and not scratching it up, hopefully this step he'll be as careful.

Car needs to be wet sanded to get all the littls surface stuff off anyways, someday I will repaint the whole thing, so I'm not too worried about it.

He knows the deal, and I know where he lives LOL

BoostnTBSS
02-19-2008, 11:07 AM
I meant the change as of last year anying faster than 8.50's needs to be SFI.. soo lots of cars that were certed to 7.50,s are not 8.50 like mine!!!!! sandbagging i guess i will just play with boost to set the E.T... 2500lbs and 800-1000rwhp equals Too fast !!!
Brad if i had your $$$ i would have it 25.5 already!!!!!

Noyzee
02-19-2008, 11:20 AM
I meant the change as of last year anying faster than 8.50's needs to be SFI.. soo lots of cars that were certed to 7.50,s are not 8.50 like mine!!!!! sandbagging i guess i will just play with boost to set the E.T... 2500lbs and 800-1000rwhp equals Too fast !!!
Brad if i had your $$$ i would have it 25.5 already!!!!!
haha, thats a pretty ignorant statement.:eyes:

and for what its worth, im in dept with a bank acount in the very high hundreds. lol thats the great part of owning a buissnes when the ecconomy is dog shit and construction is down about 68% and fuel bill everymonth is in the $17,000- $20,000 range and you have 20 guys and 3 jobs to do and just bust your ass to keep them bussy so they can get there paychecks so they can keep there family fed and warm and some ass hole GC is holding 10% retainage on 5 jobs i finished months ago and owe me the money i need to pay my bills and men and i have to go to the bank for more loans because noone pays there fucking bills yup sure is great, im sure glad im in my shoes:eyes: i have had about 3 times this year when my glock 27 40 cal was loaded with hollow points and i thought about putting one threw my head because of the shit storm i deal with on a daily basis, but then my family flicks into my head and i proced with going about my bussnes. no offence, but your ignorant

BoostnTBSS
02-19-2008, 01:27 PM
well brad we all know times are tough!!!!! and lots of people dont pay their bills and that sucks but most of all more people live beyond there limits!!!!!:bang: Thats why my car sits where it does for over a year now.. times are going to get worse. soon it will be done one overtime at a time!!!

Noyzee
02-19-2008, 03:06 PM
well brad we all know times are tough!!!!! and lots of people dont pay their bills and that sucks but most of all more people live beyond there limits!!!!!:bang: Thats why my car sits where it does for over a year now.. times are going to get worse. soon it will be done one overtime at a time!!!

i hear ya times are tough for everyone, thats why i think your comment was ignorant.

Nautilus
02-19-2008, 04:18 PM
When Noyzee and I get together we compare business debt numbers and sleepless nights. He wins... I wouldn't take that weight for anything.

Now less work and more cars.... Picked up a case of beer and I'm headed out to the garage. Noyzee you better keep your phone on because I'm going to have questions :jest:

860 Performance
02-19-2008, 06:17 PM
Tim, glad to hear your back at it this year with the QS program!
I'll most likely be racing it too but either on the 11.5 or 10.5 class. I know its slow, but to be honest I really just want ot get out, make some passes and hang out with good people... and Brad too.
See you there!
Vinny

Noyzee
02-19-2008, 08:21 PM
timmy, its always work man, never ending.
haha, i talked to you more tonight then i have in the past year. lol dont worry about taking it apart, im noyzee, i will get it back together for ya!!

vinny, good to see you on to, when do i get to rip into your car? i might need a hand from you. pm or call me i need to make a custom fuel cell, i want to do like you did on the gto just bigger for my car. i need your knowlage and i like to look at your ass while your helping. lol

Nautilus
02-20-2008, 06:12 AM
Tim, glad to hear your back at it this year with the QS program!
I'll most likely be racing it too but either on the 11.5 or 10.5 class. I know its slow, but to be honest I really just want ot get out, make some passes and hang out with good people... and Brad too.
See you there!
Vinny
Who cares what class your running, just get that thing out there. Hell I broke my car nearly every weekend and it wad still a blast just getting out there and doing it.

timmy, its always work man, never ending.
haha, i talked to you more tonight then i have in the past year. lol dont worry about taking it apart, im noyzee, i will get it back together for ya!!

:jest: :jest: thanks for all the help and sorry for interupting your mothers b-day party, you should have told me just to leave you alone until later in the night. :emb:

Update... Coolant system is out, unhooked wiring harness, coil packs off, valve covers off. Tonight the intake & N20 system will come off and if I have time maybe the heads and the complete fuel system.

Noyzee
02-20-2008, 07:13 AM
no problem timmy, mom didnt mind lol get that thing apart so we can get some parts ordered

Krazy98Z28
02-20-2008, 08:25 AM
So the first race is in May :)

That gives me just enough time to be ready. Still have ALOT of work to be done :(

Noyzee
02-20-2008, 08:44 AM
So the first race is in May :)

That gives me just enough time to be ready. Still have ALOT of work to be done :(

haha, i just ordered my wheelie bars from TTP:D

Timmy got me into a drag race mood:eyes:

JL ws-6
02-20-2008, 08:48 AM
Sissy bars! Actually not a bad idea in your case, last year didn't you have one close call?

Part of me wants to have to put them on, but another part doesn't want to. Kinda like the parachute, as neat as they look/work, I just don't want the aggravation, I've got too much to do as it is.

Noyzee
02-20-2008, 08:58 AM
yea, im talking with matt about quick reliese ones so i can put them on and off. once i get the suspention tuned in maybe i will take them off, but yes, i had one real close call, put it this way. my headers and muffles have a small flat spot on them, and my rear bumper has some track stuck to it. lol

Noyzee
02-20-2008, 08:58 AM
oh yea, and that was on the 100 shot!!!!!

JL ws-6
02-20-2008, 09:03 AM
SO glad I went with a full lenth tq arm :)

Noyzee
02-20-2008, 09:22 AM
SO glad I went with a full lenth tq arm :)

mine is a full tq arm. bmr extream duty

JL ws-6
02-20-2008, 09:36 AM
I've seen the one you are running, the one I have on my car's about a foot longer then that, it attaches at the tranny crossmember.

Jokeman
02-20-2008, 09:40 AM
i might need a hand from you. pm or call me i need to make a custom fuel cell, i want to do like you did on the gto just bigger for my car. i need your knowlage and i like to look at your ass while your helping. lol

Lemme know if you need it welded up.

Noyzee
02-20-2008, 09:57 AM
Lemme know if you need it welded up.

i was thinking about cutting it all myself and seeing if your guy will weld it, but im so friggin bussy i know once i getto work and try to cut it etc its going to take a month to do it. if i take a night and make a cardbord one and just send it to dave, it will be done with. we'll see tho.
i'll be messing around tonight if you want to swing by. im either going to finish up my sled for the weekend or maybe mess around a bit with my car. not sure yet. my sled should be done pretty easy in a couple hours just need to clean it, and greese the suspention.

Nautilus
02-20-2008, 03:21 PM
haha, i just ordered my wheelie bars from TTP:D

Timmy got me into a drag race mood:eyes:

I didn't want to be helping you get your car ready in July again! :jest:

If you don't get the quick release bars we're going to have to sawzall two holes in the back or your trailer to fit the fucker in there.

Nautilus
02-20-2008, 10:18 PM
Thanks again to Noyzee for taking my 10 phone calls with questions tonight. Intake off, headers off and the heads... well half off. Bed time, my alarm goes off in 6 hours. :bang:

Noyzee
02-21-2008, 08:59 AM
timmy, no problem. i had a big meeting thismorning so i called in early 11:30 so i wasnt junk for my 7:30 meeting.

thats funny shit with the sawz all. lol i just may have to do that. lol

Jokeman
02-21-2008, 11:14 AM
Thanks again to Noyzee for taking my 10 phone calls with questions tonight. Intake off, headers off and the heads... well half off. Bed time, my alarm goes off in 6 hours. :bang:

That was funny as hell:D "Timmy2 again?" "Yup" I could just picture you frustrated as shit in your garage with a beer in your hand.

Noyzee
02-21-2008, 11:21 AM
That was funny as hell:D "Timmy2 again?" "Yup" I could just picture you frustrated as shit in your garage with a beer in your hand.

dont forget about smokin butts:D

Nautilus
02-21-2008, 03:31 PM

So fucking frustrated... Oh well, back at it tonight.

JL ws-6
02-21-2008, 03:46 PM
What's fighting you so bad? All the shit that makes these cars a PITA to work on are gone from your car....:confused:

Nautilus
02-21-2008, 03:49 PM
What's fighting you so bad? All the shit that makes these cars a PITA to work on are gone from your car....:confused:

I have a new found respect for anyone who works on a car in a shitty little garage with no lift. :bang:

JL ws-6
02-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Oh shit LOL, welcome to my world LOL. Jackstand city for me baby.

Noyzee
02-21-2008, 06:52 PM
timmy is new at this, he dont know the tricks. lol

10 years of on the ground with no lift etc, now a lift and heated garage, i wont work any other way anymore. lol

JL ws-6
02-22-2008, 05:02 AM
I have 1/2 ass heat, it's better then nothing that's for sure. I will have the elecricity run out there the right way this spring, at that point I can insulate and sheetrock it, so it won't be too bad. Maybe I'll have to get you down to put a space heater in that I can run off a big propane bottle, I have to look into it a little more, make sure the local propane guys will come fill it once or twice a year.

I don't see myself getting a lift anytime soon though. I'm gonna need a taller set of jackstands and a jack that will go higher to drop the tranny so I can pull the motor probably within a month :(

Nautilus
02-22-2008, 06:16 AM
I have 1/2 ass heat, it's better then nothing that's for sure. I will have the elecricity run out there the right way this spring, at that point I can insulate and sheetrock it, so it won't be too bad. Maybe I'll have to get you down to put a space heater in that I can run off a big propane bottle, I have to look into it a little more, make sure the local propane guys will come fill it once or twice a year.

I don't see myself getting a lift anytime soon though. I'm gonna need a taller set of jackstands and a jack that will go higher to drop the tranny so I can pull the motor probably within a month :(

I have electricity, but my heat is one of those buddy heaters that mounts on a propane bottle. My garage only has one door and is about two cars wide but you can only fit one in there since I have shelves, tool boxes, refrigerator...etc. This weekend I need to find some higher jackstands so I can get the headers out.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/Nautilusvt/Drag%20Racing/2008/Disassembly/SSDissasembly008small.jpg

Nautilus
02-22-2008, 06:36 AM
Once again huge thanks to Noyzee for not shutting his phone off :jest: Even during a movie. :emb:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/Nautilusvt/Drag%20Racing/2008/Disassembly/SSDissasembly006small.jpg

JL ws-6
02-22-2008, 06:48 AM
I use one of those heaters myself, and I've had an extension cord running out to the garage for a year :bang: This spring the power's gonna get run out the right way, then I will insulate and sheetrock it. Probably get Brad or someone to come put in a hanging space heater so I don't have to mess with getting little propane bottles filled all the time.

I have a 24x24 with a single 16 foot door, I can put 2 cars in it when it's cleaned up, but I have an entire interior on the floor, dash, etc, plus a bunch of other shit in there. ONce I have it sheet rock'd some shelves will go up on the walls, and I will build a workbench, get my drillpress and all the other good power stuff that's in the basement out there so it's more accessable.

Then there's finishing off 1/2 the basement much like you did a while ago, but that's another project LOL.

I can get headers out with my jackstands, but my jack is shot, and I need to be able to drop a tranny out, which is gonan require more height then I can get out of what I have, nevermind dropping the tranny on my back is gonna suck.

thechef
02-22-2008, 09:01 AM
ya got to extend the jack stands up man, the pic looks like they are on the lowest setting

Noyzee
02-22-2008, 09:11 AM
timmy, looks good bud.. no problem on the phonecalls.even tho you got me when boobs where flopin on the movie. lol we watched Knocked up Unrated, it was funny as hell. lol

timmy, i cant wait to dig into that thing. touch up the wiring, and put in the new NOYZEE fuel system. should be MINT!!!!!!

Noyzee
02-22-2008, 09:11 AM
ps, we need to get you an electric water pump. and if you feel up to it, start to pull your dash so we can rewire easy

Nautilus
02-22-2008, 01:15 PM
ya got to extend the jack stands up man, the pic looks like they are on the lowest setting

They are just high enough in that picture so I didn't have to bend over that much when taking the intake/heads off.

Nautilus
02-22-2008, 01:18 PM
timmy, looks good bud.. no problem on the phonecalls. even tho you got me when boobs where flopin on the movie. lol we watched Knocked up Unrated, it was funny as hell. lol

timmy, i cant wait to dig into that thing. touch up the wiring, and put in the new NOYZEE fuel system. should be MINT!!!!!!

So thats why you seemed distracted :jest:

ps, we need to get you an electric water pump. and if you feel up to it, start to pull your dash so we can rewire easy

On sunday I'l drop the headers out, remove the water pump and then next week I'll work on the dash. :chug: Electric water pump... added to the list. I'm going to be broke by the time this build is done :jest:

Krazy98Z28
02-22-2008, 06:15 PM
Didn't you just sell a EWP lol

Nautilus
02-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Didn't you just sell a EWP lol

That was the street version... I need the race one.