Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hanging idle after install

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 07:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanging idle after install

I just installed the bbk intake which was costly and a pain in the ***. I am thinking this problem has something to do with the computer or my tune. The car starts up and idles a little high 200 rpms more than it should and when you give some throttle it sticks and stays for a few seconds than gradually comes back to it's new idle. Also after staying idle for a minute it automatically boosts the idle to 2000 and holds and comes back down by itself and continues idleing for another minute until recycles this step. What exactly is the computer doing? I don't see how this could be a vacuum leak.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

When I installed my Fast 90 and NW TB, my idle was hanging up at around 1,100. I could pull the TB cam back manually and it would idle at 850. What I ended up doing was loosening the 2 bolts that hold the throttle cable bracket to the intake. Repositioning the bracket let the cable move to the right spot and the idle came down and worked perfectly.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:31 PM
TECH Regular

Just check to make sure that you didn't miss hooking back up any of the vacum lines, also sometimes if you did the cam swap at the same time it's kinda normal for the cam to raise and keep the idle up for whatever reason