View Full Version : my car hates me. tell your stories

camaro-94-z28
02-20-2008, 08:59 PM
ill start off. it was my friends awd jeep and we were doing a cv joint replacement.

Day 1. he called me up at his girl friends house around noon asking if i wanted to help. get there around 4 i had stuff to do(my headliner).i said yes (mistake #1). i get there take tire off and see a huge bolt. turns out 36 mm big (who needs one of them). go to napa to buy one and they dont have one. so we go back and try a monkey wrench that failed. started calling everyone we know to see if they have one. finally after 2 hours of phone calls we find one (for a guys oil filter on his bmw). take get the socket take off the bolt and its time to go to a party

Day2. after staying up till 4 am and having a hang over the first thing we do is remove the brakes (not thinking that his girlfriend would step on them 40 mins later(mistake #2 comes to play later)) then we have to remove to remove 3 bolts 2 of them come off with little trouble. the third one decided to snap:bang::bang::bang: we called it a day right then in there.

Day 3. start off by going to home depot to buy a decent size drill bit. after 30 mins of drilling we get the bolt out. and start pulling on the part (not sure of exact name) that has the wheel studs not coming off. tried chiseling absolutely wouldn't budge. called it another night

Day 4. i brought my air chisel and it comes off basically with no trouble. pull old cv joint out no problem put new one in no problem. then time to put the 3 screws back on (with a new one that has a bolt on the end) go to put brakes on but o yea she pressed them in :bang::bang: dont have c-clamps so call it a day

day 5. today probably the worst day yet. got the brakes apart put them together, but on tire. were good to go right:eyes: :D:eyes: :mad::barf: no!!. battery is dead. jump it with my car starts up go to back out of the drive way no brakes!!!!!!!!!! :bang::bang:. we got air in the lines somewere along the way. say fuck it will go muddin(another mistake) drive it around on the way back he says it feels like hes dragging something. (flat tire) the jack is in the garage. I (why me) gravity board bakc to the garage get my car and jack. come back his spare tire is flat 2. jack his truck up take old tire off then put the spare in my car to fill it up with air. go back put spare try to start car DEAD AGAIN. jump it agian tell him to drive home and im leavin

that has been week in a nut shell

The Trans Am Kid
02-20-2008, 09:09 PM
My car loves me.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j222/TheTransAmKid/Smiley/violent098.gif

Camaro_94
02-20-2008, 09:29 PM
My cars a gold digger.. All it does is take my money then brakes shit..

While replacing the front bumper, drivers side fender, headlight header pannel, and splash shield (my Camaro was involved in a accident).. My car decides that it doesnt like the head gaskets, so I had to replace them, which was not very fun..

87formy
02-20-2008, 10:13 PM
LMAO, thank god my friend pays people to do all of the work on his jeep...Also, why does your car hate you? From the story it sounded nice :nod:

SchultzLT1
02-20-2008, 10:20 PM
HAHA Awesome story, fortunately for me none of my cars have ever had a problem. Its a mutual love.

The Manalishi
02-20-2008, 10:28 PM
In less than a year. Three clutches, two flywheels, a plug that blew out soaking the clutch with oil and an engine. I still love my car though.

SchultzLT1
02-20-2008, 10:36 PM
In less than a year. Three clutches, two flywheels, a plug that blew out soaking the clutch with oil and an engine. I still love my car though.

:eek:

Camaro_94
02-20-2008, 10:41 PM

ummm... more details please?? lol

The Manalishi
02-20-2008, 11:00 PM
:eek:

ummm... more details please?? lol

First clutch Spec stage 3 and stock flywheel. Soaked in oil (a plug in the back of the block blew out :confused:) and burnt the clutch the flywheel had all ready been turned. (before I owned it)

Second clutch Spec stage 2+ and aluminum flywheel. After less than 3000 miles clutch slips and I take it apart. Friction material gone rivies ate the flywheel.

Engine bent a rod. Everything looks fine other than the bent rod but I decide on a completely new engine.

So now I have a new engine, not stock, and a LS7 clutch. I have overpowered the clutch once and it smelled like it was going to have to come out but it has held fine since then despite me trying to destroy it. I want a twin disk.

I forgot the new brakes and rotors that I had to do also. Those are routine maintenance items but figured I'd add them.

quadd2244
02-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Everycar ive had has been pretty damn good to me and neevr left me straded other then 1 completely froze battery on my DD a few days ago thats really the only problem ive had in quite a while. Im going to install LTs on my car and a few other things so lets hope everything goes smoothly I will be expecting problems so im giving my self a FULL weekend to get it done and some of friday night. I know my buddy with a wrangler can give tons of storys on why every car hes had hates him but ive been pretty lucky

Kevano26
02-21-2008, 12:24 AM
Mine has just recently been on a maintinence binge. new tires and brakes in december, cracked the flex plate in half and killed the starter in january, this month its time for the 90,000 mile service, one of the pully bearings is shot, and my exhaust manifold is leaking, my radio (pioneer) decided to not fully work anymore. so its been an exciting 3 months. I still love my car and everytime I think Its time to sell it, I drive it again and think, " what am I? stupid?" haha.