Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Pedal on the floor

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pedal on the floor

I was driving home from work last week and when I went to shift I noticed my clutch was on the floor. It took me 2 hours to drive a 30 min drive. Every other shift I hadv to pump the clutch back up with my foot. Got home and check the fluid and it was black. Changed the fluid raised the car up and notcied my line from the master cylinder to the slave was laying on my LT's . Decided this was and excellent time to the drill mod and bleed the system. My question is after changing the fluid, doing the drill mod, and bleeding the system I still do not have any clutch pressure. I have already checked for leaks and bled the system a couple of time. I even took the master back out and bench bled it. So do I replace the master or get a new LS7 clutch assembly with a new slave.

The car has 93,xxxx myiles on the original clutch.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:57 PM
TECH Regular

You need new hydraulics. When mine went bad they didn't leak or show any signs of being bad other than just not working.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:42 PM
Teching In

I aprreciate the insight. How much stuff are we talking about repalcing. I just want an idea of how much Im going to be spending. I dont want to spend the money on the wrong parts. I appreciate any information.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Teching In

1. LS7 clutch and flywheel
2. Throw out bearing
3. New slave at minimum, master as well.
4. Clutch alignment tool

Am I leaving anything out.