General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Battery nut wont come off

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 09:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Battery nut wont come off

Good day, I just bought a new battery and the positive cable wont come off. I used the right size wrench and now all the edges are rounded and the wrench spins. Can I get just a new nut or do I need a whole new cable for $75
Old 02-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ls1owner4life
Good day, I just bought a new battery and the positive cable wont come off. I used the right size wrench and now all the edges are rounded and the wrench spins. Can I get just a new nut or do I need a whole new cable for $75
Side post correct? You should beable to actually pop out that nut and go buy one from an auto parts store. Be sure to bring it in with you.

I actually ran into trouble finding one that was the same..they were all to long, so I just took a dremel cut off wheel and chopped off a couple millimeters. Works great.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:38 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im sure they sell the new nut!! i remember my brother bought some new ones for his S10 they shouldent cost much!
Old 02-22-2008, 06:14 AM
On The Tree

yeah...maybe spray some pb blaster on it pull the rubber away its prolly all coroded...then use vise grips and see if you can break it loose then work it back n fourth, then you can slide the rubber away and pop the bolt out. You have to get the bolt out... GL

Quick Reply: Battery nut wont come off