LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

P0100 MAF code

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 06:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default P0100 MAF code

well i believe my MAF on my car is bad, i tested the signal wire, which read between 12-13 volts, while the car was running i unplugged the MAF and the cars idle did not change at all...it still runs exactly the same it did before...so im guessing the MAF is bad, is there any other way to test it?...a new one is 140$ so i dont want to buy one and find out its not bad
Old 02-22-2008, 06:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

The other day I was messing around with stuff and I unplugged my MAF and my idle did not change at all and it threw the same P0100 code. I plugged it back up and deleted the code and back to normal.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:54 PM
Launching!

well it had the P0100 code before i even started to mess with it....i was told to test input voltage, which was supposed to be 12+ volts i believe.....anyone have a wiring harness diagram for one?...i need to find out the signal wire so i can test it...

also i took the car out and drove it, before the car had a solid misfire about 4k RPMs, now its gone away and the car pulls strong all the way to the top.....i have a buddy with a known good MAF im gonna try on the car to see if it helps any
Old 04-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by durty
well it had the P0100 code before i even started to mess with it....i was told to test input voltage, which was supposed to be 12+ volts i believe.....anyone have a wiring harness diagram for one?...i need to find out the signal wire so i can test it...

also i took the car out and drove it, before the car had a solid misfire about 4k RPMs, now its gone away and the car pulls strong all the way to the top.....i have a buddy with a known good MAF im gonna try on the car to see if it helps any
any luck with this? I have the same problem and i'm due for an inspection... so if i can't make it go away i will fail again
Old 04-02-2008, 08:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Ive dealt with P0100 code since I bought my car. A month after I got it ,the code came on. I am on my 3rd MAF since, and still the code stays. Runs fine so I haven't even bothered with it.. PLEASE let me know if you have a solution
Old 04-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Staging Lane

I had that code for a little while, turns out my MAF just wasnt plugged all the way in. lol
Old 04-02-2008, 08:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tsar
any luck with this? I have the same problem and i'm due for an inspection... so if i can't make it go away i will fail again
You could have a tuner delete the DTC or whatever its called from the computer so the code will never show again because it wont be something thats read by the computer and you will pass. How far are you from Quakertown, PA if you have heard of that? My tuner is around there and one of the only guys with LT1edit anywhere and could do that for you.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by StealthFormula
You could have a tuner delete the DTC or whatever its called from the computer so the code will never show again because it wont be something thats read by the computer and you will pass. How far are you from Quakertown, PA if you have heard of that? My tuner is around there and one of the only guys with LT1edit anywhere and could do that for you.
I'm actually in State College PA (PSU) right now, its about 190 miles away according to map quest.

So lets say i get a mail order tune (i wanted to get it anyways), would that be something i can ask him to delete for me? do you think they will do it (madz28, or pcm4less)? because that would be GREAT!
Old 04-02-2008, 10:07 PM
11 Second Club

I'm actually in State College PA (PSU) right now, its about 190 miles away according to map quest.

So lets say i get a mail order tune (i wanted to get it anyways), would that be something i can ask him to delete for me? do you think they will do it (madz28, or pcm4less)? because that would be GREAT!
Yea im sure they could do that. Do you go to school there? I go to PSU Abington and will be going to U-Park next fall at Smeal.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by StealthFormula
Yea im sure they could do that. Do you go to school there? I go to PSU Abington and will be going to U-Park next fall at Smeal.
I just sent Ion (madz28) an email so we will see what he says..

yea i go to PSU UP, if you need some cheap (200 per month) housing next fall and you don't wanna leave in the dorms you can PM me. Just trying to help out a fellow man out.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Staging Lane

I just sent Ion (madz28) an email so we will see what he says..
He responded and said he could take care of it, if needed. So i will probably go that route after i d*ck around with the MAF some more tomorrow. I am sure i wont find anything out of the ordinary... so yea mail order tune will probably solve it.

I just wish i knew wtf this code is all about

P.S. i just decided to respond to my own post, so if anyone searches they can find this as a possible solution. Solutions are rarely posted in problem threads.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Staging Lane

ok im back...

I tested the V input like i was told and i got 11.22 volts, does this mean anything? What is the course of action now?

I also ran the car without MAF and it ran the same, if that matter any.

Feel free to help anyone!

Quick Reply: P0100 MAF code