Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Need a new place to live...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 11:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need a new place to live...

Anyone in the Lynnwood/Everett area know of any affordable 1br's that allow large breed dogs? more specifically our 75lb 10yo German Shepherd.

I've tried searching Craigslist, forrent, rent, little nickel, and am just having a hard time finding a decent place for a reasonable price. We're looking at $800-900/mo, near Lynnwood.

Also if anyone wants a matco 1/2" impact gun that's the "quiet" version, I have one for sale and could really use the cash right now. Make a reasonable offer. Was $400 new and hasn't seen more than a months use when I worked at the quick lube. But it was nice on the ears. For the right offer I may even sell my Whit Bazemore toolbox.

Last edited by HitmanLSX; 02-23-2008 at 12:12 AM.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:51 PM
TECH Veteran

That sucks Josh, shouldn't have to sell tools to get by.

Just watch out what is for rent as some landlords are going under as well. There is no law against it right now but I know quite a few people looking for a place to rent having been given a 30 day notice or rent going up $300 a month.

Good luck.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:59 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah our landlord is our "friend", we're just renting a room in the house. $500/mo +utilities which is a steal. But then they decided they didn't want roommates anymore and told us on Valentine's Day we had to be out by 4/15. So we're SOL. Then to top it off he called us lazy after our tranmission died two days later and we rented a car to get to work, the grocery store and look for an apartment while it was in the shop... There are some rooms for rent but I have trust issues with anyone I don't know.

And sellin the tools is purely due to the timing... With the transmission needing repair, and moving costs, we weren't ready for this as we'd been planning on moving out between June and when we got married in Sept (as we had previously discussed with them as well).
Old 02-23-2008, 07:19 PM
12 Second Club

Good news some how we were able to scrape up enough money to get the deposit. So we'll be moving over off 164th near Mill Creek. Only bad thing is Max won't be joining us for at least a few weeks until we can get the $500 pet deposit.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:11 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good looking pooch. Sometimes living with friends doesnt work out to well. Heck there are times living with my wife is all I can stand.... LMAO!
Old 02-23-2008, 11:00 PM
TECH Regular

If you're going to be spending 800-900/mo on rent, you might as well be paying mortgage payments on a new place of your own. Is this a long term decision you're making?

Anyway, cruise to Scott L Scott's webpage ( JohnLScott.com ) to do some searching and play with the finance calculators. Always consider buying before renting.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HitmanLSX
Good news some how we were able to scrape up enough money to get the deposit. So we'll be moving over off 164th near Mill Creek. Only bad thing is Max won't be joining us for at least a few weeks until we can get the $500 pet deposit.
That's in my neck of the woods. I'm a little ways east of Mill Creek towards hwy. 9. Lot's of growth up here. Over a dozen new subdivisions going up at teh same time with lots of unsold homes and plots.

Good luck!
Old 02-24-2008, 12:10 AM
12 Second Club

as much as I'd love to get a house right now, I just don't think our income can cover the costs at the moment. I have a portion of my paycheck going into the company's stock purchase plan so hopefully the market will start looking up in the next year or two. And all the analysts are saying to buy buy buy while it's down and I have enough faith in the company to know they're right.

I'm just glad we've found a new place. So we got that news today and Amanda got news that her manager is going to move her from contract to full employee status so that's good too. I have a steady schedule now at work, so now to just find a part time evening job either starting out as a bar-back or entry level bartender. Only bad part is my days off are Weds/Thurs, so no CCC
Old 02-24-2008, 02:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Double check with the new landlord about making additional payments to rent for the pet deposit. It would be hard on Max at his age to be apart from you, especially GS's. Hope he is staying at your parents until then.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:26 AM
On The Tree

beautiful german shepard. glad to hear everything worked out! sorry about the jerks you were stuck with before. my girlfriend and i couldn't stand roommates. have a good one!
Old 02-24-2008, 09:44 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah he's staying with her parents for just a few weeks. Unfortunately they want the pet deposit up front.

Quick Reply: Need a new place to live...