General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

F*cking Exhaust Leak!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 03:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default F*cking Exhaust Leak!!!!

So, this damn exhaust leak has been pissing me off since I bought my car. I thought it was going to be an easy fix, or atleast relatively easy, because I thought I pin-pointed the cause. I was for sure that it was the header connection to the y-pipe on both the driver's and passenger sides. I tightened the bolts and even got some exhaust sealer to put around the connections, just to make sure it wouldn't leak. It didn't do a damn thing for me. I'm not seeing any holes or cracks in the headers. Do you guys think that maybe I have a header bolt loose or a bad header gasket? They look pretty good though. I know that the leak is coming from somewhere between the engine and the y-pipe connection to my cutout, but I just can't find it. It really gets annoying on the highway, when cruising up to speed in a higher gear. I never hear it during in town driving, unless I'm in 4th at 30 and try to accelerate a little. I'm pretty sure that it can't be anything other than an exhaust leak and I'm really hoping it's not a header gasket. If it is a header gasket, are those very easy to change?