Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a few Q's about a lq4 in a second gen T/A

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 08:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a few Q's about a lq4 in a second gen T/A

#1 witch a/c compressor do i use #2can i use the truck oil pan #3 can i use a 4th gen radiator out of a F-body w/ the truck pully accesories (water pump neck) i know if i use the front accesories i have to use the truck intake.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:14 PM
Launching!

You definately can not use the truck oil pan,unless you are also going to go for the gasser look and put a straight alxe in front so you have 8" of ground clearance.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:36 AM
Launching!

To use the LS or LQ compressor, you have to notch the subframe. The 4th gen radiator will fit. It is small though. I have had the truck and f-body water pumps on my car (78 trans am). The truck intake will clear the hood (without the evap solenoid). The alternator sits up too high though. Send me your email address and I can send you drawings for a new alt bracket and a bracket to allow the use of a 94-96 ac compressor. You can make the brackets yourself out of 1/2" aluminum plate. I have a LQ9 and 4L80E in my car. The truck pan will hang too low. Either modify the pan or intall the f-body pan. The f-body pan fits perfectly.

Quick Reply: a few Q's about a lq4 in a second gen T/A