Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am in the market for a new cam can anyone help me

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 05:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am in the market for a new cam can anyone help me

I bought my z28 camaro 3 months ago and I am now looking to cam it, and I was wondering if there was anyone that could tell me what kind to look for and where to look for one at, I dont know to much about cars, ill be the first to admit it but with this car I was hoping to learn a lot. if there is anyone who can help please let me know.
Old 07-16-2003, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: I am in the market for a new cam can anyone help me

Welcome, do a search on the forum for cam threds,depend on the mods you plan to do with car will reflect what cam to chose, and if its a A4 or a M6.
Old 07-16-2003, 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

First be honest with yourself on what your trying to achieve (driveability & horespower), also list what your car is (M6 - 6 speed or A4 - automatic 4 speed) so the other ppl here can help you out. I had my local speedshop select my first cam and let me tell you I out grew it quick. 353rwhp in an A4 and I wanted more so if your goal is 400+ then start thinking that way now.

So, If I had to do it over again my first cam would have been a Thunder Cam (Thunder Racing) - many grinds to choose from. Best advice is call them, they have great customer service and will help you select a cam based on your overall goal for the Z. Best of all when you receive the cam you get a detailed computer printout of the cam spec so you know 'exactly' what's being installed.

Hope this helps
Old 07-16-2003, 09:36 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you go to the comp cams webpage, they have a form you can fill out and email to them, then they will email back a recomendation. Take your time and be brutaly honest with yourself on what your goals and priorities are, because the bigger you go, the more problems there are but the more hp you make. Driveability, reliabilty, maintenance, emissions, idle quality, and rpm range to name a few are things to think about.
Old 07-16-2003, 10:20 PM
10 Second Club

I agree that the TR cams are great cams, and they have the best customer service I've seen. They don't have idiots answering the phone, and they'll help you select a cam that fits your needs. Talk to them, they'll be able to help you and make a suggestion.

Jordan