General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Issues...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 02:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Issues...

Recently i've been having some issues with my car... first i'll start with the setup

Patriot Stage 2 LS1 heads
MS3
LS6 intake
Long Tubes with ORY GMMG
Stock Maf,TB,Injectors and Fuel Pump (car is a 1999)
Put new TR6 plugs in about 3000 miles ago
Still has Stock Plug wires

Car has about 58,000 miles

Anyways the issues im having is it seems like the car is hesitating/bucking at partial throttle (about 1/3) around 2000 - 3000 rpm. If i go WOT the car will run fine in first and 2nd but then about 4500 rpm in 3rd the car cuts out..like its not getting any fuel or spark...when the car cuts out if i give it some gas it'll start back firing like crazy .. im talking about 4 foot flames shooting out of the exhaust.

So far i've only changed the fuel filter thinking it could of been severly clogged since it hasnt been changed that i know of since i bought the car. And Alas the issue is still there....

Cleaned the MAF today took it for a spin and it still does it.. seems to be getting worse now... whenever i start in first from a stop its really hesitating..Once i get going it seems as soon as i hit 2500rpm it starts to hesitate again... Idling the car is fine, Crusing in 5th or 6th around 2000rpm is fine..

Is it time for a new fuel pump? to go along with the 42# injectors i have kickin around...

The only codes the car is throwing is for the rear 02's (always throws those since they're disconnected) and P300 (which has been there aswell since i had the car tuned) The issue has just started recently within the past couple days and the cars been tuned for almost 3 months now...
Old 02-24-2008, 03:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok just took it for a spin again and rechecked the codes.. this time i got a code for one of my 02 heater circuits and a P0336... popped the hood and it looks like the harness that runs down the passenger side by the headers is making contact with one of the primaries... so im guessing it may have burned threw and is shorting out some wires.. sound like this could cause those issues?