Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 6.0 into 1987 R-10 Help Please

Old 02-24-2008, 06:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 04 6.0 into 1987 R-10 Help Please

OK this is what i have and i did try the search but was unsuccessful.

i have a complete take out 6.0 out of a 2004 silverado K2500 that i have been fighting drastically to get into the 1987 R-10 basically a long bed 2wd truck. on top of this i have the radix system (Maggie) and running the 4L80E did have a turbo 350 but went the better route with the 4L80E.

OK here is my problem with the motor i got the complete engine harness PCM which i am tuning with HPTuners and fuse block. i have tried numerous time to get this thing to fire up but am having no luck and this is where i need the help.

i hooked the battery to the fuse block and then i hooked the power wire from the old harness still in the truck to the fuse block where the battery is hooked, as so i can still power the accessories on the truck including ignition, i then took the solenoid wire from the old harness and hooked it into the solenoid wire of the new harness with this i can get the motor to turn over but no spark so looking at all the schematics it looks as if i need to hook a wire HOT in run and start to the CRANK fuse so i did this and still nothing all my grounds are good in both harnesses. in with talking to S&P they say their harness has only 4 wires hook up POWER FUEL PUMP GROUND and VATS BYPASS and yes i could use their harness but i don' want to spend the hundreds for doing this as i think i can make the factory harness work once i figure out what i am missing. i have been fighting this for over three weeks now and at my wits end with it to the point i just man park it for a while.

everyone i have also talked to said this is th place to go as you are all wizards if anyone might be able to guide me in the right direction it is greatly appreciated as i do not want to park the truck it will be the ultimate sleeper thanks anyone in advance for your help and guidance
mike

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 04 6.0 into 1987 R-10 Help Please