Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h/c quick question

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 06:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default h/c quick question

look at the specs of the heads and cam on this for me http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=12226 tell me how much power u think it will make threw a 6spd ls1 ss with long tubes and a catback with a fast 90/90? ALSO what do the specs mean exacly...like whats more crazy a 220/220 or a 236/236 cam? and same thing with heads 65cc combustion chambers vs 70cc and 225cc vs 205cc heads thanx
Old 02-24-2008, 06:46 PM
12 Second Club

I didnt want to be one of those "try a search!" ******** so I got you a link, this should give you all the info you need to make a decision. https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/772576-got-cam-heads-rocker-machining-questions-about-ls1-ls2-ls6-read-me-first.html
Old 02-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Launching!

VERY VERY helpful thank you very much
Old 02-24-2008, 07:27 PM
Launching!

so how much power do u think it would make with that h/c combo and a fast 90/90 with lt headers back(no cats)
Old 02-25-2008, 04:11 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, you need to understand cams a little more before you go jumping in on something like that. Just because numbers are bigger doesn't mean it will perform better in the least. You need to figure out what you want your car to do, or the goals you are looking to achieve rather. If you want to make 500rwhp you should probably look at forced induction. If you want to stay stock cubes and get 475rwhp you can probably stick it with a stout heads/cam/intake setup. It will take some careful selection on your part though. My suggestion to you is figure out what you want and search for what other people have done and learn from their mistakes as well as discoveries for making monster power.

-------------------------------------------------

236/236 .590/.590 112

The break down is like this in the same format:

Duration

Intake: 236
Exhaust: 236

Lift
Intake: .590
Exhaust: .590

Lobe Separation Angle

-------------------------------------------------

I noticed that he posted a link, but didn't click it because I have a feeling it takes you to the Cam Guide. That is a VERY excellent spot to start learning more about cams. You could probably read the whole thing and it would not soak in at first. My advice is to drive a cammed car if you haven't already. The more you can test out the better, especially if there is a different kind of cam in each. You are gonna have to worry abour supporting mods for the rest of this setup including suspension....Let me tell you. You lay down over 450rwhp you are gonna have to find a way to keep all that power planted on the ground and not spinning everywhere. So there are SEVERAL factors you need to take into consideration that you may not be thinking of at the current moment. I certainly did not find out any of this stuff over the course of a few days. It has taken several years for me to absorb everything I know so far. It is really hard to say what you are going to want. Cams and heads are like fingerprints....there is literally that many choices. After that being said, you have to combine the 2 after it is decided and make sure that they will work together. If it was me I would be concerned with Torque over Horsepower. (Clearly, my current cam does not reflect this as my choice).
Anyway, with that AFR combo mixed with either cam it will probably make about ~520-550 off the crank and around ~450-465rwhp.

~ = relatively

Moving to the Internal section so you can get a wider range of feedback, and possibly some different insight from any other knowledgeable site member.

Last edited by orangeapeel; 02-25-2008 at 04:40 AM.