Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

M9 Issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 01:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default M9 Issue

I just installed my moser 9 inch and was wondering if anyone noticed their trans seems harder to shift into gear now? My car is lowered and I have yet to install my adj tq arm, so im sure my pinion angle is way off, and that could relate to it. Also I plan on getting a new drive shaft and was wondering if the stock length is ok or do I need longer/shorter?
Old 02-26-2008, 04:17 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

The standard Moser 9 inch is not the Moser M9. The M9 is Mosers new fabricated rear.
With the standard 9 inch I have never noticed a problem with the symptoms you're having. Your pinion angle should not be off, but that is what I would look at as well.
The factory length driveshaft will work for either the Moser 12 bolt or the Moser 9 inch, but we just recently decided to make the driveshaft for the 9 inch one inch longer, as we've noticed several that were on the short side. This would not create a problem but on the highest horsepowered cars.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=541 Bob
Old 02-26-2008, 05:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok well I do not have a M9. Its just the standard 9 inch. Its came out of a buddys car, and he had it in there for about 2 yrs. So basically I can run standard length ds or add 1 inch to it, is how I read you post
Old 02-27-2008, 04:47 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by NBM99SS
Ok well I do not have a M9. Its just the standard 9 inch. Its came out of a buddys car, and he had it in there for about 2 yrs. So basically I can run standard length ds or add 1 inch to it, is how I read you post
Yes indeed. Here is the PST that I sell. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=541 Bob
Old 02-28-2008, 12:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Appreciate it thanks. Im not making high hp so standard length should work for me then. I was somewhat concerned that the stock length was a little short, and possibly causing a little stress on my output shaft from the wrong pinion angle and stuff. Im planning to get underneath and measure and check this weekend