Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 08:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stupid Question

Hey I installed my LT's this weekend. Am I supposed to use the front o2's or the rear ones. I will have to buy extensions or make my own (they came with the stuff to do your own). What happens if I run with the rears instead of the front? If I extend the fronts, and use them, then what do I do with the rear ones, just unplug them???
Old 07-17-2003, 08:26 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Stupid Question

No stupid questions.

Use the front O2's. Either get O2 simms for the rear ( if you are not running cats ) or don't plug anything in.

If you do not run the front O2's, car will run like crap.

If you do not run rear O2's, you will get an SES light. However, it does NOT affect performance.
Old 07-17-2003, 09:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok thanks because right now I have the rear 02's plugged into the headers and I have the front ones disconnected. Is there any differnce in the o2 from thte front to back? I guess what I'm asking is can I use the ones from the rear, and plug them into the front? (one of my front o2's is stripped).
Old 07-18-2003, 12:55 AM
Launching!

The connectors are different between the front and rear. The fronts measure A/F and the rears verify that the cats are working when the engine reaches operating temp.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:25 AM
12 Second Club

YES!! All 4 are swappable; there is no need to remember where each one was. The guy above me is right in what they measure, wrong in saying they are not swappable.
Old 07-18-2003, 04:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had this same question when I was getting LTs...the front O2 sensors plug into the bungs on the header collectors, and the rear O2 sensors can be removed if not running cats...if you run cats, you'll have to weld bungs after the cats ing the y-pipe to still have the "check cat" capability. - Pat
Old 07-19-2003, 09:06 AM
12 Second Club

"if you run cats, you'll have to weld bungs after the cats ing the y-pipe to still have the "check cat" capability"

Or, have them weld the bungs into the cats themselves. FLP did this for me for free when I ordered 3 years ago.