Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

weld racing sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 06:35 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default weld racing sucks!

ive already run into an issue on valve stems for the rear, now im having issues with the fronts!
waited since NOVEMBER for some gold 1 piece magnums.
both front are COMPLETELY different colors. 2 different style valve stems.
one wheel in the sun looks like it has brake dust on it around the dish where the anodizing is thin.
the raw aluminum is actually poking through in color!
jessica at weld motorsports says there is nothing she can do for me, that it is jegs problem.
my problem is with the coating, and jegs didnt coat them.
these wheels have now been pulled as a regualar machined item(per jessica) and they are all built to order, so if i want to sit on jackstands and not race, ill be waiting another nine years like everyone else who orders weld racing motorsports wheels.
if it wasnt for the magnum design, id have never done business with them. i knew the stories behind them in the past about waiting 3-6 months for wheels, and its true.
the customer service is not there at all, either. i believe she was eating lunch or playing an internet game while i was having my conversation with her. she didnt seem to have the slightest bit of interest and told me there was nothing she could do, that it was jegs issue. while i understand that to a point, she didnt even care what i had to say, and i was very polite. the only thing i got out of it, the anodizing is sourced out, and she has no control over what my wheels look like.
it was a pitiful conversation, i wish i would have recorded it.
i made a return call to jegs, and spoke with head of returns, and there is nothing she can do but send the wheels back to weld.
she informed me that there are always issues with customers returning wheels, and having to wait for weld products.

the weld racing lugnuts for these wheels is a complete different story. they look to be cheap hardware grade items.i should have spent the extra money and went with mcgards. matter of fact i prolly will.
a couple of them have surface rust on them from just me handling them. chrome plated? these are near bare steel looking.
of course ive had the lugnuts since november.
at least the quality of my wheel and lugnut coatings will match.
its so sad. the way weld does business, im being forced into running a set of wheels that are not up to par for a 450 dollar wheel.
they look bad *** from 5ft away though!!!