General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

March 6th EXPECTATIONS?

Old 02-26-2008, 08:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default March 6th EXPECTATIONS?

I am getting ready to throw in Hooker Long Tubes, A TSP ORY, QTP E-cutout, all 3", delete the AIR/EGR, and get a nice tune. I know this has been asked a million times, but I was just wondering if someone could give me a good feel for how the car will run. Am I going to see a slight or large difference? Any input on what I should expect would be great. I am going form a mostly stock WS6 to a Bolt-on. Thanks
Old 02-26-2008, 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think you will be able to feel it EVEN BETTER with heads and a CAM
Old 02-26-2008, 10:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, they are not in the budget right now. I am lookinng for more feedback on acceleration, throttle response, gas mileage, horsepower increase, overall differnce in feel of the car.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:44 AM
TECH Addict

You will definately feel a hell of a difference. Probably horsepower wise you'll pick up 20-30
Old 02-27-2008, 03:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Expectations ,.. MUCH LOUDER!!
Old 02-27-2008, 03:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
Expectations ,.. MUCH LOUDER!!
I was kind of wondering that? I allready have an SLP loudmouth system on it and I have been wondering if it is going to be considerably louder. I am assuming the long tubes into the ORY into a 3" E-cutout should sound pretty healthy.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:55 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cvaught
I was kind of wondering that? I allready have an SLP loudmouth system on it and I have been wondering if it is going to be considerably louder. I am assuming the long tubes into the ORY into a 3" E-cutout should sound pretty healthy.
I don't know about healthy. But it will be very loud and raspy. Power wise you're gonna feel the difference especially up top. Sound wise it's a love or hate kind of thing. Some people love it and many others get tired of the rasp and end up going with a high flow muffler like hooker or magnaflow. Others with loudmouths might replace the resinator with a longer buller muffler or Borla XR-1 to combat some of the rasp.

Once you get it back take a week to get used to it and then decide for yourself how you feel about the sound.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:01 AM
11 Second Club

i'd recommend Magnamouthing it if you don't like the new exhaust note. mangaflow bullet in place of the resonator...i love mine
Old 02-27-2008, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the info, as of right now, I don't really hear any rasp with my current setup. To tell you the truth, im not even sure my bullet muffler is a loudmouth or somke other sort of a bulet. The car is pretty loud at WOT, but isn't too bad while accelerating or at idle. Here are a few pics of what it looks like, can anyone identify?
Old 02-27-2008, 02:28 PM
11 Second Club

looks like a loudmouth bullet to me...the tone should change quite a bit once you put those headers and y pipe...
Old 02-27-2008, 02:45 PM
11 Second Club

That actually looks like a bullet to me. That could be the loudmouth 2 where they replaced the resinator with a bullet muffler. Either way the exhaust tone will be night and day with LT's and an ORY.

The cats eat up a lot of drone and rasp. I loved my dynomouth when stock (similair to a LM2). But after the LT's and ORY went on it got real LOUD. I'm kind of used to it now but I definately notice annoying rasp and drone when I'm cruising on the highway.

That is until I crank some tunes
Old 02-27-2008, 04:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

thats what the e-cutout is for. if he dosnt like close that damn cutout and problem is fixed. plus it gives you a more stock sound better for sleeper. as far as hp goes proly
340-350 if all goes right. so once done post up let us know
Old 02-27-2008, 04:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

oo btw next you need suspension.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am going to see how it sounds after all my exhaust work, and if it is too loud with the cutout closed, I will probably go with a magnaflow bullet, or something that will just slide into the place of the current one and be as quiet as possible. Any suggestions?
Old 02-28-2008, 06:32 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kokingSS
thats what the e-cutout is for. if he dosnt like close that damn cutout and problem is fixed. plus it gives you a more stock sound better for sleeper. as far as hp goes proly
340-350 if all goes right. so once done post up let us know
The problem is most definately not fixed. The rasp and drone I was referreing to is through the loudmouth which means the cutout is closed. With the cutout open it's even worse which is awesome at the track but can be annoying on the street.

If he had a magnaflow or hooker catback then yes you would be right. Close the cutout and you're good to go. But the loudmouth is basically a mufferless exhaust which sounds awesome with stock manifolds and cats but can be over the top for some with LT's and ORY.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:47 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

thats the old school LoudMouth. they changed it here recently to a modular design. i had the SLP LM1 on my car, and thought it was loud, then i got my headers and TD's, yeah, i was mistaken. take the cats off and the sound comes out of nowhere. i mean a lot of sound.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:49 AM
11 Second Club

I am going to see how it sounds after all my exhaust work, and if it is too loud with the cutout closed, I will probably go with a magnaflow bullet, or something that will just slide into the place of the current one and be as quiet as possible. Any suggestions?
Give it at least a week to see how you like it. If that is a LM2 then it won't be as bad and you might love the way it sounds. If you decide that you do want to quiet it down then I have two suggestions.

If you just want to quiet it down a little then buy a round Borla XR-1. It's what they call a borlamouth.

Here is a link and the one you would want is the 3" round Sportsman XR-1 P/N 40085:

http://www.borla.com/products/xr-1_racing_exhaust.aspx

Now if you want to quiet it down more then just a little then you need to forget bullets and XR-1 and just have a muffler shop weld you in a magnaflow or hooker traditional style muffler.

But like I said originally, try it for at least a week and see if you like it first. No need to spend extra money if you love the new sound and are not bothered by a little drone.

Good Luck.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the help, are there any cheaper bullets, such as a magnaflow that would be a little cheaper and weld right in place of the loudmouth?
Old 02-28-2008, 11:04 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the help, are there any cheaper bullets, such as a magnaflow that would be a little cheaper and weld right in place of the loudmouth?
You can go with the dynomax bullet race muffler or "dynomouth" setup. That's a lot cheaper. Here is that link:

http://www.jegs.com/p/Dynomax/749870/10002/-1/10265

You can go with either 24219 or 24222. Personally, I would go with 24219. For only $4 more the longer bullet will kill more rasp and more drone. Don't worry about it being a perfect fit. Just take it to a muffler shop and they can either cut out more pipe or add a little to make it work. I went to a place called Merlin Muffler and they only charged me $75 for labor.

Good luck.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

the dynomax bullet isint going to do ****, its a small step quieter than the loudmouth resonator. get a XR-1 or something of the sort. anything that has "race" in the name, is not going to do **** to quiet anything down.

Search this Thread