Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie wiring harness question

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 06:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie wiring harness question

I have a 1978 Jeep CJ7 that I am putting in a 5.3 Vortec out of a 1999 Silverado. I'm looking to have the wiring harness done by wait4me performance. I have a problem, I'm not a big wiring guy and don't know exactly what to tell them to get it the way I need it.

The Jeep: 1978 Jeep CJ7. Originally had the 258 carbed engine. That came out and the 5.3 took its place. I'm using a t-18 transmission, and I wont be using the air conditioning. I will be using auto meter electric gauges (Speedo, Tach, Coolant temp, Volt Meter, Fuel, Oil Pressure.)

The Donor Vehicle: 1999 Chevy Silverado. Thats really all the info I know. I bought the engine on ebay and picked it up in AZ. It came with all the accessories including the wiring harness.

I Live in California, and I still need it to pass smog. I have some hooker shorty headers on it right now. I might be able to get those to pass. I just bought 2 Magnaflow Cats, it says they're carb legal.

Any information would be great. I am available to answer any questions to get the right answer.