Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

crank pulley gap for procharger???

Old 02-28-2008, 11:10 AM
TECH Regular

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Default crank pulley gap for procharger???

Is there supposed to be a gap between the crank pulley and the supper charger pulley??? there is a small gap between the 2 and it looks like on the back of the supper charger pulley that it should sit inside of the hole in the stock pulley and the pulleys should touch.. Also I just bought this car and I was told it had a d1sc procharger on it, but now that the crank pulley came off I have been looking and I only have a 6 rib pulley system not 8 and the owners manual I was given refrences the p1sc where at on the unit can I verify what I have. Sorry for the dumb questions.

thank you.

Evan
Old 02-28-2008, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The gap should be minimal between the two pulley's like 1/16 to an 1/8 tops. The blower pulley will bottom out on the crank pulley and what you are left with is a very small gap. The blower can be a d-1 with a 6 rib thats what I had before I went with the sd setup it's just an older setup before they came out with the 8 rib on all the d-1's. There sould be a tag on the top of the blower.
Also why did the crank pulley come off? Did you take it off?
Old 02-29-2008, 04:47 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Evan, make sure you use a new crank bolt when you put it together, and use loc-tite on the bolt. I have noticed that the bolt will sometimes bottom out before it is fully tight, and then either a flatwasher has to be used or the bolt ground down a little. Bob
Old 02-29-2008, 11:20 AM
TECH Regular

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

thanks for the replies, no I didnt take it off , the guy who I bought the car from had way to long of bolt and like 6 washers and a nut with anti seize not lock tight, should I use the blue loctite ???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: crank pulley gap for procharger???