Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Schubeck Lifters input please

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 01:23 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Schubeck Lifters input please

Was checking out the lifters for a future solid roller setup. Are these legal in class type races? And what are you thoughts on them?

TIA.

Charlie.
Old 07-18-2003, 01:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Schubeck Lifters input please

I am running them on a G5X2, and at first glance, it would seem that they haven't bought me any power over another performance-oriented lifter (Comp R), or maybe even a factory lifter. Of course, I have put fewer than 100 miles on my setup since the H/C/Schubecks were installed, so I don't have any long term feedback for you; but the dyno numbers at this point don't indicate that there is any advantage to them at all.

However, the XER lobe (which is used on the G5X2, I believe) was designed with a less agressive lifter (than the Schubeck pieces) in mind, so it could be that the lobe is simply not agressive enough for me to see any advantages to using the Schubecks in that application. I like the theory behind them, but unless you're getting REALLY agressive with the lobe design (perhaps do like you're suggesting and use a cam designed for a solid roller), I don't see the advantage to them.

Just my $.02...
Old 07-18-2003, 01:46 PM
Restricted User

Default Re: Schubeck Lifters input please

Burnout thanks for the input. I am in the thought process of building a solid roller, forged internal ???ci to spray on. Not sure ci, but really want the advantages of the SR setup.