General Maintenance & Repairs - Running horrible

View Full Version : Running horrible

Swaie
03-03-2008, 01:52 AM
Okay, I have a 98 camaro m6 with a ory, no cat, slp maf, pacesetter LTs. When I start the car it seems to idle like it is missing. Then I take off and the miss gets worse. The lower the rpms the worse the miss. After driving for about 10 min it seems to go away. But warm or not when you turn the car off and start it again it will do the same thing over again. I found some frayed wires on my O2 sensor pig tail so I spiced them back together, and still no change. Also the exhaust smells like gas. I had a code for the TPS sensor but I took it off and had it tested and it checked good. Any help appreciated.

Spink
03-03-2008, 05:14 PM
Sounds like it could be the MAF sensor. Try unplugging the MAF sensor and see if that fixes it. If it runs fine with it unplugged you found your problem.

Doesn't sound 02 related because you indicate the car runs ruff before it hits closed loop.

snake charmer
03-03-2008, 11:39 PM
when is the last time you checked your spark plugs ? might be time for some wires or plugs .

Swaie
03-05-2008, 03:38 PM
So I started the car and waited for it to start running like crap(about 2mins) then unplugged them MAF and it made no difference. I will go ahead and replace my plugs and wires soon as I get some more money, or should I get new O2 sensors? Which first.

94'BLKBRD
03-05-2008, 05:31 PM
I would go with the spark plugs/wires first.

snake charmer
03-05-2008, 07:12 PM
+1 might be some bad gas . what kind of gas did you get last ?

MagnaTransAm0098
03-05-2008, 07:50 PM
i have the same problem....basically same set up but with new plugs and i watch the O2's on the scanner and they work fine ..i dont have the exhaust gas smell but yeah itll run like shit ..it misses enough randomly I can watch it on the scanner but it doesnt usually do it enough to throw a light...changed the temp sensor swapped coils etc.. all the trouble shooting really puzzels me although my problem can be anything in the world, It was a v6 and i did a swap but still has me puzzled.