Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile -= City Goat's GTO for sale =-

Hey guys,

The time has come.

For sale...

My 2004 Pontiac GTO.

The basics:
Yellow Jacket, A4, 38k miles on car, brand new engine, 05 trans, full bushings all around.
Clean carfax, no dents/dings, no accidents of any kind.

The specifics (yes this is the short version):
Around November a piston let loose from a lean condition, caused a bunch of havoc in my engine, destroyed a lot of very nice parts on a car that I poured thousands and thousands of dollars into over the last 2 years.

Once this happened I came to the decision to take a break from GTO's for a while and demod/sell the GTO eventually. The car was sent up to Kurt (Black Devil) of Black Devil Motorsports in Rhode Island where it went under 3 months of removing my full suspension setup with coilovers, brake kit, shot engine, built trans, etc etc etc.

All parts put back on the car are my low mileage, not abused, stock parts most with 15k miles on them or less. The engine was completely rebuilt in a new block, new rings, new bearings, etc. The trans is a stock 4L65E from a 05 GTO with 32k miles.
Receipts to prove all work/parts. Stock GM 04 GTO tune is in the car.

All work has been performed by Black Devil, anyone that knows him knows the work that was put into my GTO to get it perfect. This was not a half assed attempt so I can sell the car. It was fixed with the original intent I was going to keep it until I decided I wanted a break from the GTO for a bit.

The new engine currently has 400 miles on it and at 500 miles will receive it's 3rd oil change with the new engine. Everything is running like stock, stock oil consumption (none), stock mpg, etc. I would NEVER sell this car unless I was 100% sure everything checked out with it. My reputation on this site and the time I've put in here is too valuable to me to risk screwing someone over on something like this.

I am asking 15,500 for the GTO. I understand that some people can be scared off by a new engine and a what seemed to be abused car but let me assure you this engine work was done right, all of the parts on the car that were "abused" have been replaced with stock parts in pristine condition.

What you get for $15,500:
- 04 GTO 38K MILES
- NEW ENGINE WITH 400 MILES (BROKEN IN PROPERLY, HASN'T SEEN OVER 3K RPMS, NO TRIPS LESS THAN 1 HOUR, ETC)
- CTS-V GM RACE ROLLER LIFTERS
- FRESH SET OF BRAKES WITH 400 MILES ON THEM (BEEDED IN PROPERLY]
- 05 4L653 TRANS INSTALLED
- B&M 24K TRANS COOLER
- Flowmaster catback
- 1 SET OF RIMS WITH BRIDGESTONE RE-01R'S (1/4 LIFE TREAD LEFT)
- 1 EXTRA SET OF RIMS WITH BRIDGSTONE BLIZZAK WS-50'S (5 TIRES TOTAL INCLUDED [4 MOUNTED] ONLY 2,000 MILES ON THE TIRES)
- K&N AIRCHARGER CAI
- STOCK AIRBOX
- SPOILER DELETE PLUGS CURRENTLY INSTALLED (STOCK SPOILER INCLUDED)
- 160 T-STAT (FANS ADJUSTED CORRECTLY)
- 35% TINT ALL AROUND
- FULL BUSHINGS:
• SuperPro Powersteering bush
• Pedders Front Swaybar bushings
• Noltec Radius rod caster kit
• Noltec Diff. bushing
• Noltec HD Radius rod bushings
• SuperPro Rear Swaybar Endlink bushings
• Noltec X-Member (subframe) bushings
• Noltec Front LCA bushings
• Pedders Rear LCA bushings

Exterior: 7/10 - It was my daily driver. It has a handful (3-4) of rock chips. It has no dents or dings of any kind. It does has 2 inch long scratches on the rear bumper, I also have touch up paint (brand new, never used) to fix it if you want. Otherwise I was quoted $200 for a respray on the bumper. I did try my best to keep it looking nice though. The exterior wear is noteably better than most other 4 year old cars.
Interior: 10/10 - I'm very big on not having the seats worn, anything dirty, no eating in the car, only drinking water, whenever the dog went in the car (less than 10x during 2 years) everything was covered/later vaccuumed.

It's priced at 15.5k because I understand a lot of people are scared off by the thought of a new engine and what not. Which is fine. I would like to sell the car for 17k considering all that has been put into it and the history behind the car (written up in the April 07 issue of High Performance Pontiac) but judging by the market it seems like 16k is more realistic these days. So I'm offering it at 15.5k with all of the extras that I feel are necessary for most GTO owners (extra rims, bushings replaced, etc).

If your coming from out of state and need to fly in I'll cover the cost of your plane ticket if you end up buying her, since I know that's a pain in the ***.

I just want it to go to a good home. I don't plan on putting it on eBay. Probably will put it on Autotrader in the next week though, of things go no where here. I'm posting this in the For Sale section as well as the Northeast since most people in the NE can vouch for the work put into this car.

Thread about my decision to sell: http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213662

-Ryan
Northeast Moderator at ls1gto.com
Old 03-06-2008, 09:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Toooooooooo the top.

Search this Thread