General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Power Window motor

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power Window motor

My driver side power window motor finally failed. It had been struggling for a while and now it won't move the window at all. I've heard this is a common problem so where can I get a replacement motor and how difficult is the swap? Thanks.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ohh, such a nice car ( I miss mine so much!!) www.gmpartsdirect.com or www.rockauto.com has reman's to fit. Contact me for a discount code for rock auto.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the compliment. I was looking on rockauto and there are many different motors/kits. Which one do I need?
Old 03-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Launching!

replaced my driver side motor on my 97 ss and it was a lot easier than i thought. i bought my replacement motor from autozone. do a search and you will find lots of info. there is a write up on http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html
Old 03-03-2008, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RallyBoy
replaced my driver side motor on my 97 ss and it was a lot easier than i thought. i bought my replacement motor from autozone. do a search and you will find lots of info. there is a write up on http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RallyBoy
This is all the info you will need. Autozone will have the part, and the guide is step-by-step with visuals (which are really helpful). I'd say it isn't too challenging, but give yourself a couple hours to pull it off. The worst part, in my opinion, was lining the door panel back up to put it all back together. That frustrated me for a solid 20 minutes or so.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1SS01
Thanks for the compliment. I was looking on rockauto and there are many different motors/kits. Which one do I need?
AC Delco is an OEM replacement; Cardone is a reman rebuilt unit with stamped steel body. I'd go with either, but with gears included. Then gear alignment won't be an issue.