Street Racing & Kill Stories - Gave a civic its first taste of american muscle

Ericbigmac83
03-04-2008, 10:42 AM
Im cruising around and i see a bright lime green civic coming up, full unpainted body kit, non working gages, huge fart pipe and enormous spoiler, typical. He gets next to me at the light and tells me hes never raced a camaro before. I tell him im pretty much stock (so i lied slightly).

I start in second gear and give it 15% throttle and slightly fall back as he's ripping through gears with everything he's got. i ease off at 45 and he pulls away thinking he got a win. i just laugh.

when we get to the next light he gives me the thumbs up :eyes:
i ask him to give me a second chance. light goes green and i start in second gear again and hang with him during those 5 second it took to get up to 30mph... at which point i floor it and put 2 bus lengths on him by the time i hit 60, lol. during his flyby i looked over and his passenger was just laughing at him.

it was quite amusing to see a performance wise stock civic try to take on a 408ci z28. these guys just watch too much fast and furious i guess

later on in the day i got to race a turbo talon, much better race. still not very close tho.

it had been a while since i had played with anyone, so it was fun :devil:

180ls1
03-04-2008, 10:46 AM
good kills he is going to tell his buddies "i was beating a camaro untill he sprayed me" haha

PowershifterNC
03-04-2008, 11:22 AM
thats funny....fast imports can't exactly do that as most have to play catch up...v8 torque is beautiful

NightWindDriftr
03-04-2008, 11:56 AM
If he asked the question, why claim stock? You're a cammed 408 - far cry from a stock Z.

dsmfan95
03-04-2008, 12:15 PM
thats funny....fast imports can't exactly do that as most have to play catch up...v8 torque is beautiful

I've found it to be the opposite, if I brake boost.

artist71
03-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Dude...if you had not gotten a second race he would be over at the Civic forums talking about how he beat a slightly modded Camaro...and the tuners would be saying BS and he would be so mad. So its a good thing you got that second race...for his sake.

SonofaBish
03-04-2008, 12:48 PM

this doesn't include you!

lol, j/k...

Nice kill OP

dsmfan95
03-04-2008, 12:54 PM
this doesn't include you!

lol, j/k...

Nice kill OP

lol Don't hate :punch:

01MMMZ28
03-04-2008, 12:57 PM
99% of the time when they ask me for a run at a light, I just act like I can't hear them over my cam....putting my hand up to my ear and keep saying "what?".....they are not worth the gas IMO.

good kill to the OP.

PowershifterNC
03-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by dsmfan95

yea I was thinking fwd and civic...awd slipped my mind some how

PewterScreaminMach
03-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Wow, a 408 vs a stock Civic. I hope you at least gave him a genuine thumbs up when he flew by, otherwise I'd feel bad for him. :jest: He was probably all psyched to get his first race with a Camaro and then his spirits probably went through the roof when he beat you the first time. And then they all came crashing down.....:(

MrElectric03
03-04-2008, 11:29 PM
He deserves what he gets if he actually believed that the sound of a 408 with a 111lsa cam is a stock sound!

95hitam6
03-04-2008, 11:32 PM
good kills he is going to tell his buddies "i was beating a camaro untill he sprayed me" haha

lmao, but 100% true!

slick1851
03-04-2008, 11:36 PM
Sound have just raped him for the start so he cant qeustion anything

But still funny

LS1SS01
03-04-2008, 11:36 PM
He deserves what he gets if he actually believed that the sound of a 408 with a 111lsa cam is a stock sound!

lol Exactly.

ads_99ta
03-05-2008, 09:46 AM
you did a little more than "kinda" lie. but then again he's an idiot for believing that you were anywhere close to stock.

Formula_X
03-05-2008, 10:13 AM
I start in second gear and give it 15% throttle and slightly fall back as he's ripping through gears with everything he's got. i ease off at 45 and he pulls away thinking he got a win. i just laugh.

Damn, I wouldn't have been able to bring myself to do that, I could never have given that guy the satisfaction of even a "fake" win.

PonyTamr
03-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Civic: "What is that ever so gorgeous loping sound i hear in the background sir?"
Ericbigmac: "bad vacuum leak man, my cars running a little rough"
Civic: "alright ill let you get the jump then"

to bad it didnt go like that lol

LS1SS01
03-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Civic: "What is that ever so gorgeous loping sound i hear in the background sir?"

If someone was that dumb I would just turn around. I wouldn't want to be on the road with that idiot, let alone race him. lol

araber89
03-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Haha thats horrible... But freaken hilarious! :D You let him win... WOW! Just start in first and dust his ass! Now you gave another kid the idea that his bowl of RICE is fast! Haha...

kokingSS
03-05-2008, 04:30 PM
seriously, thanks guy now you just made a thousand ricers that hear his story think that when they see a camaro that it is gpooing to be a run. but funny none the less.

ONEBADASSWS6
03-05-2008, 10:32 PM

Right. Because you brake boosting your 4 banger is going to really yank a 408 in terms of throttle response and instant torque :eyes::eyes::eyes:

dsmfan95
03-06-2008, 01:58 AM
Right. Because you brake boosting your 4 banger is going to really yank a 408 in terms of throttle response and instant torque :eyes::eyes::eyes:

Dont know, never have raced a 408. I have ran a few cam only and a few h/c LS1s and if I brake boost I can usually jump out on them. Do you break boost your Trans Am while on the highway?

Ericbigmac83
03-06-2008, 04:29 PM

Lol, i like that one. I considered romping on it from the line....but i have this little problem called traction. street tires and cold weather dont work well. hooking from 60 is hard, let alone from a stop.

it would have looked worse if i had romped on it and he went by me cause i was just sitting there spinning. even from 30 when i did punch it i only went about 75% throttle. poor civic

oh, and he asked if i had done anything to it. if he couldnt tell i had obviously done something to it then i wasnt gonna tell him, i was going to show him

araber89
03-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Thats true that is a pretty dumb question to ask if you had anything done to it.