General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

PCV replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCV replacement

Just exactly how much of a pain in butt is to change out the entire PCV hose assembly? Went to the dealer to get the replacement valve and you have to purchase the entire hose (12590632), etc. And that is a $100! I have heard that GM redesigned the valve??? Will a Purolater replacement work with a problem? I thinking this were my knock (minor) problem lies. Hose maybe leaking but not sure yet.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just buy the pcv for now! yes u can just buy a equivalent one from autozone, i forget the p/n on the new style pcv valve, just search it and im sure you can find it
Old 03-04-2008, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what i did is capped off the tb , capped off the side of the intake manifold , put a rubber nipple on the front of the passenger side valve cover , put a breather filter where the oil cap snour is .
then using part of the old pcv blocked off one side of the y that runs all the way to the intake ( so no hose going up front ) . then just ran the back part as usual from the plug in the back of the driver valve cover and the back fitting of the passenger valve cover .
took my tb off yesterday and no oil on the back or intake as well as the hot circulating gas that is normally recycled into the engine .

Quick Reply: PCV replacement