View Full Version : need cali help

clotus
07-19-2003, 07:05 PM
I have a 98 Z28 and I live in cali. I hear that shorty headers aren't worth the money and LT are illegal. I was trying to figure how to get more power with maybe a cam/ported heads. Money is tight, but for mods I some how come up with it (20 in college). I was wondering what kind of internal mods i could do that would give me some gains, keeping smog legal and daily driver. I currently have the LM and SLP lid w/K&N. Any suggestions and prices would be great, i am completely lost here.
-Kyle

Richard@WCCH
07-20-2003, 12:32 PM
Heads and cam will make a nice upgrade and still stay legal. Tuning will be very important also :judge:
I hear that some guys are passing the CA emmissions test with cams as large as 224║ on 114║lsa. My '01 truck with 5.3l engine and 214║ cam with 112║lsa easily passed the CA tests. Next year I have to test the SS but I don't expect any problems with the 220║ cam and no headers.

Good luck,
Richard :)

clotus
07-21-2003, 01:45 AM
Thats what I was hoping to hear. Are you going to put headers on your SS? Also, how much gains/money is it for a port job on my heads, nothing crazy, just decent and cam? Also, my dad has the 5.3L in his truck, what kind of gains you get out of the cam?
-Thanks - Kyle