Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

help on bleed the clutch

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help on bleed the clutch

ive tried everything to get the clutch release line back in i can not find the bleed screw i have a 2001 z28 can some one tell me where the bleed screw is
Old 03-05-2008, 04:15 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are looking for the bleeder on the slave it is right above the line from the master. Its on the drivers side of the tranny. Is that what you are looking for?
Old 03-05-2008, 04:19 PM
Staging Lane

i dont have a slave on the outside i just have a hydraulic line with the so called quick release crap
Old 03-05-2008, 04:33 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry, getting impatient, frustrated lol. I have been trying to do a simple clutch job on the car and its turned out to be a nightmare. After we had to dremel out the pilot bearing I knew it wasnt gonna be fun.

Anyways, where we are at now is we have the tranny back in, everything almost all hooked back up except for the clutch hydrolic line.. been having a hell of a time getting it in, called a few tranny shops and they said just push it in.. yeah, right. So looking at the hayes manual for the car it says to install it using the reverse of uninstall..that didnt help either as we used that clutch tool to pop it out, theres no way to use that to put it back in.

Searching the forums here and readin the sticky lead us to try bleeding it... only cant really find the bleeder valve for it either so now its at another stand still.

Any help is appriciated.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bleeder valve is maybe 2 inches directly above where the quick connect goes in. You have to open the bleeder valve or you won't get the hydraulic line in. After you open the bleeder valve just push it in. You'll hear it snap in. If you still can't find it look here: www.installuniversity.com and look under ls1 documents.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Launching!

The hydraulic line just snaps back in, just did it yesterday. Just make sure you are pushing straight in and it just clicks in there

The bleeder screw is right above the hydraulic line, its recessed in the side a little ways so you might not be able to see it, but you can feel it. We used an 11mm with a 1/4 inch ratchet.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jksz28
Sorry, getting impatient, frustrated lol. I have been trying to do a simple clutch job on the car and its turned out to be a nightmare. After we had to dremel out the pilot bearing I knew it wasnt gonna be fun.

Anyways, where we are at now is we have the tranny back in, everything almost all hooked back up except for the clutch hydrolic line.. been having a hell of a time getting it in, called a few tranny shops and they said just push it in.. yeah, right. So looking at the hayes manual for the car it says to install it using the reverse of uninstall..that didnt help either as we used that clutch tool to pop it out, theres no way to use that to put it back in.

Searching the forums here and readin the sticky lead us to try bleeding it... only cant really find the bleeder valve for it either so now its at another stand still.

Any help is appriciated.

In the attached pic is the slave cylinder. Your clutchline should press right onto the port in the pic with the red protective cap on it. I have a remote bleed line on my slave, but the stock bleeder would be in the same place where the long line is in the pic. I forget if the bleed is on top or not, but the clutch line can only go one place and it should push on and click or snap into place.
Attached Thumbnails help on bleed the clutch-dcp00931.jpg  
Old 03-05-2008, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

first of all, you should use the search button. its close to the top of the screen. heres an image for reference:

but yeah. sounds like youve never heard of a quick disconnect fitting before. you can either buy the tool (which sometimes comes with the new slave). as far as getting it back in there you need to make sure that the plastic part is pulled back, not pushed in. and yeah, its an internal slave, but the bleeder valve in on the outside, did you look at the slave when you had it out?? its not that hard.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:20 AM
TECH Resident

Default braided hose for clutch bleed

What part# and where you get that Braided hose to go to slave bleed.
I have trouble on bleeding from clutch and no room to do bleed at under from firewall and T-56..
Originally Posted by 1QWIKBIRD
In the attached pic is the slave cylinder. Your clutchline should press right onto the port in the pic with the red protective cap on it. I have a remote bleed line on my slave, but the stock bleeder would be in the same place where the long line is in the pic. I forget if the bleed is on top or not, but the clutch line can only go one place and it should push on and click or snap into place.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:23 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks a lot...Finally, I found one >>>http://www.tick-performance.com/tick...ulics/#bleeder
I will order that one soon.
Thanks

Quick Reply: help on bleed the clutch