Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 3rd gen

Old 03-06-2008, 02:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ls1 3rd gen

hey I bought a ram air hood from hawks 3rd gen, I see they have an optional ram air box. would this work for my car? or would it be better to just leave the hood unfuntional and use a differant intake set up, I am worried about water getting into the filter, I think you have to cut a hole out under the hood and fit it over the ram air box, the intake box is for a tpi set up also. right now there is a tube that turns right and down and has a cone style K&N filter.

my car is an 84 trans am with an 02 ls1.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as i know you can modify it to fit. I think there is rain baffles in the ram air hood. Id hope atleast.

There are people who have used the stock TPI Y-Intake, so i see no reason you couldnt use the ram air setup.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the hood comes Unfuntional, you have to cut the bottom out to make it funtional, im worried i go and do that and it will just be a hollow spot and the rain will come in and dump into my air filter, then ill have to close up the hole.

Originally Posted by SheldonZ28
As far as i know you can modify it to fit. I think there is rain baffles in the ram air hood. Id hope atleast.

There are people who have used the stock TPI Y-Intake, so i see no reason you couldnt use the ram air setup.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:19 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd cut the whole out, but let the current intake setup alone. That way you get some air blowing in the bay to help cool things down, while still getting good air flow into the motor.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ls1 3rd gen