Construction moving along at the Strip @ Lowes Motor Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 05:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Construction moving along at the Strip @ Lowes Motor Speedway

It's hard to beleive they will have this place done for the NHRA event in early September ! Checkout the link below......

http://www.nhra.com/content/news/27240.htm
Old 03-06-2008, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet
Old 03-06-2008, 10:08 PM
kp
8 Second Club

I hope they have some smaller events there, be nice to have another decent 1/4 mile track under 300 miles away.

But yea they are moving along..
Old 03-06-2008, 10:43 PM
10 Second Club

KP, the track is suppose to be one of the nicer tracks in the country when done.
As far as smaller shows coming there, thats a good question, we'll have to wait and see what gets booked in the future.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

cant wait till it gets done. Oh, Peidmont dragway is converting from an 1/8th mile track to a 1/4 this year. It will be finished around mid July. Im sure you Va. guys will love that. It will save you guys alot of riding.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:03 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by silverbeast
cant wait till it gets done. Oh, Peidmont dragway is converting from an 1/8th mile track to a 1/4 this year. It will be finished around mid July. Im sure you Va. guys will love that. It will save you guys alot of riding.
exactly when this year?
Old 03-07-2008, 12:20 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Joe and I plan on making a special trip to run out there when they open it for a test and tune. Since it will be our family's "Home Track" we will be trying to make it there as much as we can. We already have the tickets to the race in september.

We still love HRP though.

Amber
Old 03-07-2008, 01:06 PM
10 Second Club

Amber, I would wait until after the NHRA race to bring the car. With the track being new and green traction might be iffy until NHRA cars put a good layer of rubber down.
Late Oct. and November will probably be better conditions weather wise with cool temps and low DA. You know how the naturally aspirated cars love low temps and negitive DA, it really makes them come alive !
I'm not sure what the elevation is at Lowes motor speedway, but if you and Joe go alittle farther north to Maryland International Raceway the elevation is only 82' above sea level and track conditions are usually great there.

TJ
Old 03-07-2008, 01:13 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by silverbeast
I'd heard something about Piedmont converting last year, but never saw any changes or info on their website. I hope they do go to a 1/4 mile, alot closer for me than Rockingham, although I love that track. I just hope Piedmont has gotten things under control since my early years there...too much fighting, some shootings,alot of heavy drinking, horrible parking...if they're spending to money to go 1/4 mile, I hope they make decent pits/parking as well.

I may be willing to brave the I85 traffic and hour and 45 min drive to get to the "Lowes" area dragstrip, that is if they are willing to allow test and tunes and plain ol' street cars like mine....
Old 03-07-2008, 01:25 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The progress of the track has truly been incredible. I ride past there every once in a while just to check and see how things are going, and there is always something new to look at.

When/if you guys get a chance to check it out in person, you'll be shocked at how close houses are to this track.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Evilways
I'd heard something about Piedmont converting last year, but never saw any changes or info on their website. I hope they do go to a 1/4 mile, alot closer for me than Rockingham, although I love that track. I just hope Piedmont has gotten things under control since my early years there...too much fighting, some shootings,alot of heavy drinking, horrible parking...if they're spending to money to go 1/4 mile, I hope they make decent pits/parking as well.

I may be willing to brave the I85 traffic and hour and 45 min drive to get to the "Lowes" area dragstrip, that is if they are willing to allow test and tunes and plain ol' street cars like mine....

They announced it at the track Thursday night and the NEW owners of the track get on the local forums and they said they will be finished around mid July of this year. They are installing new bathrooms and showers and will be adding 1300ft the the end of the track. I cant wait.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:10 PM
9 Second Club

I am really looking forward to this track opening!!