Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Change my mind like I change my underwear...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 11:53 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Change my mind like I change my underwear...

Only on Thursdays....I mean everyday!!!!

I had it all lined up to get my headers installed today and was given a "true" quote of $650 to get them installed and have a custom 3" y-pipe built to mate up w/ my Magnaflow catback. Well yesterday I was surfing craigslist and came across something I couldn't pass up. An OEM Ram-air hood for $350. Only problem was that it looked to be a SOM color which sorta clashes w/ my color. Turns out the guy does paint for a living and offered for an extra $200 to sand/primer/paint match it for my car. Should be done by Sunday and I'll have some pictures up as soon as the weather clears up. Guess a sexy sounding car will have to be replaced w/ a sexy looking car for the time being.

Here is the hood in it's original glory (gotta love the bird flame pin strips)
Old 03-07-2008, 12:39 PM
TECH Addict

I hear ya, I have a hard time passing up good deals...
Old 03-07-2008, 12:53 PM
11 Second Club

^^^^Everything for me is a good deal!!!!! Just trying to explain that to the wife,, Well thats a different story. Ha ha.

Not to long ago, I bought a f-150, some of you may remember, Well the guy was asking 2,xxx, I told my wife, I was going to buy a truck for a 1500, she said no way, So i drove to seattle, looked at the truck, pulled out a thousand, said this is what I brought with me, and we did a transaction.

Well i had a buddy drive it home, and as soon as I walked in the door, she commenced to chewing my ***. Well after two months of hearing her ****, I turned around and sold the truck for 4,500. After that she told me if I ever do that again, to just not tell her about it.. lol.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:34 PM
9 Second Club

Do you already have the headers? I'm sure some members close by would be willing to give you a hand.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Launching!

If that hood is not damaged that price is a steal. good find.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:38 AM
TECH Regular

There was a few scratches on it, but he would sand and buff them out for me before painting, so I was A-ok w/ it. Keeping my fingers crossed he finishes on Sunday so I can go up there and bolt it on. I'm a little nervous that the fresh paint is going to make the rest of my car look like crap, but we'll see.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:44 AM
TECH Regular

^ There are so many angles/curves in our hoods that make light reflect differently all over it.. so I wonder if you could tell even if it didn't come out totally perfect and matched. I'm talking subtle imperfections. I don't know enough about paint matching but the thought of getting it wrong scares me too. Spend all this money and its like you have a clean new part sitting on top of some faded old ****. hah.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well start saving your money because I'll cut you a deal on my Longtubes/true duals setup when I return to the states in a few weeks. I'm asking 575 bucks for the whole shebang with 02 extensions.

Marty