Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

MT ET-Street's

Old 03-07-2008, 06:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MT ET-Street's

Im looking at a set of 3743's for the SS, but Idk if I want these or 2 more DR's, ive ran the DR's and liked them when they were new. My question is do I have to buy tubes if I get the ET street or set screws? Anyone ran them and drove them on the street? Ive also heard the ET street is easier then the DR's on the 10 bolt?

Thanks in advance
Old 03-07-2008, 10:15 PM
12 Second Club

No one?
Old 03-08-2008, 10:33 AM
12 Second Club

i can let you know when it warms up LOL, ive seen the ETs recover a lot better if you start to spin, and they may not drop you times much but they will make you consistant. if you have 17's on your ss still the 17in ETs are tubeless. 15s an 16s have to have tubes. you will have more tire roll out of the ETs but it wont be to bad on the bigger rims. You just dont wanna drive them in the rain!! so as long as you dont plan on swinging curves you will be fine LOL i am running hoosier quick times on mine but there 15's and they have alot of roll.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:37 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by dustinLS1/LT1
i can let you know when it warms up LOL, ive seen the ETs recover a lot better if you start to spin, and they may not drop you times much but they will make you consistant. if you have 17's on your ss still the 17in ETs are tubeless. 15s an 16s have to have tubes. you will have more tire roll out of the ETs but it wont be to bad on the bigger rims. You just dont wanna drive them in the rain!! so as long as you dont plan on swinging curves you will be fine LOL i am running hoosier quick times on mine but there 15's and they have alot of roll.
Yeah thats another thing is with the DR's they hold good on curves where Ive never drove with a "slick"
Old 03-08-2008, 10:41 AM
12 Second Club

you will tell a diff. but idk about the 17s, what do you have done to your car? do you have traction problems?
Old 03-08-2008, 10:44 AM
12 Second Club

you will tell a diff. but idk about the 17s, what do you have done to your car? do you have traction problems?
Its basicly stock as far as performance go's, but soon will get a Cam/exhuast, ive already gos loads of suspesion and SFC. It dont do to bad with the bald ET Street DR's ive got now, will still spin some
Old 03-08-2008, 10:56 AM
12 Second Club

honestly i would just run dr's M/T will hook you, and last longer. or if you want maybe look into getting some other wheels to put slicks on. if you drive much the radials will last longer and do better in the rain
Old 03-08-2008, 12:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

honestly i would just run dr's M/T will hook you, and last longer. or if you want maybe look into getting some other wheels to put slicks on. if you drive much the radials will last longer and do better in the rain
to be honest, i do just fine in the rain on my et street dr's (i'm assuming yuo're talking about those). my mom's camry does just as good as my car in the rain, and my front tires were almost bald. don't even try the snow though, you won't make it even if you go slow.. you'll just get stuck or slide.

Search this Thread