Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3rd gen ls1 headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 01:10 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3rd gen ls1 headers

any new manufactures on swap headers for the third gen besides kooks and stainless works? any one have a used set i can get off them ? any other ways around the price tag?
Old 03-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Staging Lane

A little bit off topic. But could Zeta (G8, Commodore, Camaro) headers fit with out further modification? If so, any part numbers?
Old 03-09-2008, 01:12 PM
12 Second Club

has anyone tried the gto headers? or midlegnths. ive had shortys on took them off i now have flow techs on there for the 99 i made them fit but its not pretty. i had to do so much modification its ugly.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Staging Lane

GTO Headers will not fit.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still say the stainless works are worth it at this point... BUT...I really wish someone would step up and make a steel or coated header for half the price. I already have the SWs...but it would still be nice for someone looking to keep a tighter budget.

To answer your question....Everyone seems to have their own experiences on what will fit with "X" amount of modification etc etc. But its not all put together with conclusive info.

I know there are some guys over on thirdgen.org that have done it...and they havent posted how or shown pics... I wish someoen would.

All I know is...I built my own y-pipe to go with my custom crossmember and that was a bit of a pain. The idea of cutting headers and having to mod primaries scares the crap out of me. haha.

J.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:23 AM
12 Second Club

i know they are worth it but i dont have that kinda cash. my buddys got themon his third gen swap there sweet but i can afford them. fox body headers still the best bet.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ghettocruiser
I still say the stainless works are worth it at this point... BUT...I really wish someone would step up and make a steel or coated header for half the price. I already have the SWs...but it would still be nice for someone looking to keep a tighter budget.
Agreed. A coated set for half the price would be great for us budget guys.

For those with a little bit of fabrication skills, you could always make your own. That's what I did. They turned out pretty good (especially since it was my first try at this). I should have gotten them coated, but when I finish welded everything, the primaries moved a little so I didn't bother. I'll make another set when my car is done.

Not too bad considering all I had to work with was a cut-off wheel and a grinder.
Attached Thumbnails 3rd gen ls1 headers-header.jpg  
Old 03-10-2008, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default A thread about this on TGO...

Here's a link to a related discussion on TGO...
Old 03-13-2008, 10:11 PM
12 Second Club

well i kinda did that with a set of flow techs but they dont look pretty. and sont like how they fit. fast377 what are you charging for a set of those. ? just kidding im going to cut up what i have and try to make them work.

Quick Reply: 3rd gen ls1 headers