Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PREDATOR-Z was NOT banned.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 10:14 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Exclamation PREDATOR-Z was NOT banned.

There was a six-page drama fest thread going on in here yesterday. Marc (PREDATOR-Z) was saying he was banned and that his IP was also banned. I wanted to make a thread letting some of you that got upset over this get a response from us.

Marc (PREDATOR-Z) was never banned. He may have had a similar IP addy as one of our 100s of daily spammers that get blocked though. We are looking into this now. There has been no talk of problems with Marc, and we surely wouldn't purposely IP ban someone and still let their user account function. He couldn't have even created that thread had he been truly banned here.

Thanks,
Tony
Old 03-08-2008, 10:20 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tony, thank you for posting. I know I'm not the only member on here that was waiting for you to chime in on this subject publicly. And I'm personally glad you did.

Thank you for clearing the air.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was 100% my fault. I will take the blame and receive all the name calling. I've never had anyone create a username "Camaroholic_sucks" (like Vendetta, Nine Ball, or Unit have), so I'd be honored to join their ranks.

I ban IP's around here to reduce spam. I ban spammers as they post, and I rely on web sites like http://www.projecthoneypot.org to provide up-to-date lists of current high activity spambots. His IP address fell in to the "high activity" list from Project Honeypot, and so it got caught up in one of my sweeps.

There's no conspiracy or anything, it's as simple as that. A mistake on my part. I have removed the IP ban and I've sent him emails explaining all of this as well.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well he better come back, he was a very valuable part of this site!
Old 03-08-2008, 10:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ok, part of the drama was him being told that sponsors were complaining. Was this fabricated, or was there a bit of truth to this?

Thank you for being up front about this. Part of the appeal of this site is the wealth of information and lack of drama.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 945 Likes on 674 Posts

Smile

Originally Posted by Mike94ZLT1
Well he better come back, he was a very valuable part of this site!
Absolutely. Though I have spent time away from here for some time, I remember him as being VERY knowledgeable, and a good guy to talk to. I totally agree- he can't be back here soon enough. I am FINALLY putting my motor together now, and his insight would be VERY welcome. And he is most welcome personally, as well, IMHO!!
Old 03-08-2008, 11:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi everyone,

Nineball and Camaroholic explained what happenned, it makes sense.

I feel obliged though to explain why I reacted the way I did.

I used to be a MOD on here, but due to the reason that I had allegedly stepped on some Sponsors toes, Nineball got a bit harsh with me (maybe it was a bad day).
That scenario had resulted in MOD priviledges being removed since I was more bound as a MOD than a member (Part of MOD duty is to protect Sponsors and never argue with them).
Upon removal of MOD status, Nineball (still in bad mood) told me that he would ban me if he heard more conplaints from sponsors.
Being who I am, I sometimes cannot be diplomatic enough and I do question, argue points with Sponsor posters here.
So when I tried to log in and the Administrator IP ban message was on, I figured that I had stepped on some toes again and that Nineball made good on his ban comment.

Soo, it seems that this thing was circumstantial and I jumped the gun a bit.

Also, I'm really overwhelmed by most positive feedback I received from my last thread, all of your support was worth more than gold itself.

I will stick around so together we can make even more power to dominate the imports and the blue boys.

Thank you all once again,
Mark
Old 03-08-2008, 11:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad to see you back Marc..you are a valuable asset on this forum and a guy who goes out of his way to help people with their questions...
Old 03-08-2008, 11:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats what I like to see right there.

It was a big misunderstanding that has been worked out. All parties directly involved have laid it out & now everyone knows what was goin on. This is exactly what everyone wanted to see happen.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

I agree.

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2008, 11:21 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to see it's been resolved and explained in it's entirety.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:40 AM
10 Second Club

LS1tech wouldn't be the same without you Mark. You should definitely be a mod I think. You have contributed more to this site and its users than most other mods have done. I thank you for the help you have given me in the past.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Allright!!!! Glad that is straightened out!! I was panicking (haha) cause I am finaaaallllyyyy getting ready to do the H/C swap in the next month and am still waffling on the cam and need PZ's input. Welcome back

Seriously though, your knowledge and willingness to share it would have been sorely missed!!!
Old 03-08-2008, 11:51 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
That scenario had resulted in MOD privileges being removed since I was more bound as a MOD than a member (Part of MOD duty is to protect Sponsors and never argue with them).
Come on Marc. You, being a moderator in the past, know better than to make claims like this. We have several moderators that disagree with certain vendors, and that is fine. Also, all of the moderators have their favorite shops and products, which is also fine. The problem isn't what is said in most cases, it is how you say it. You can 'argue' while remaining professional or even sometimes remain a neutral party. As a moderator here, we ask that you try your best to remain somewhat neutral and open-minded, even in dispute type situations. That is what 'moderating' means. To help keep the peace and guide the threads. This isn't about 'protection' as you call it, it is simply about representing well and showing respect to others.

These two examples mean the same thing, but cause different reactions:

#1 "I think your cam selections are garbage."

#2 "I tend to prefer a different cam profile, and here are the reasons why I choose them."

Like I said, it is HOW you say things, not what you say. If things are communicated in a non-offensive and professional manner, nobody gets angry. You simply agree to disagree and move on to the next subject.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good deal. seems like things got cleared up.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:01 PM
TECH Regular

thanks for clearing stuff up nineball. glad we got to hear both sides of the story and glad the no one was banned.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Come on Marc. You, being a moderator in the past, know better than to make claims like this. We have several moderators that disagree with certain vendors, and that is fine. Also, all of the moderators have their favorite shops and products, which is also fine. The problem isn't what is said in most cases, it is how you say it. You can 'argue' while remaining professional or even sometimes remain a neutral party. As a moderator here, we ask that you try your best to remain somewhat neutral and open-minded, even in dispute type situations. That is what 'moderating' means. To help keep the peace and guide the threads. This isn't about 'protection' as you call it, it is simply about representing well and showing respect to others.

These two examples mean the same thing, but cause different reactions:

#2 "I tend to prefer a different cam profile, and here are the reasons why I choose them."

Like I said, it is HOW you say things, not what you say. If things are communicated in a non-offensive and professional manner, nobody gets angry. You simply agree to disagree and move on to the next subject.
Yes Tony, had you detailed and explained that to me in the same patient manner that you are doing now, it might have gone a different way.
You say it yourself, it is how you say it, I agree.
On that episode you were far from who you are today; as I said maybe it was a bad day.
Anyways, I'm trying my best to apply language correctness and what is past is past.
Thank you for looking into this and taking it in a sporty manner.
This is still a very good site to the LS1 community and I'm please to stay part of it.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:21 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

this place might as well be a communist party somedays i swear. welcome back marc.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:23 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nine Ball

That actually made me laugh.

Being a past moderator of various sites, I understand how hard it is to remain neutral, and PC. The very reason I didn't enjoy it, so I understand Marc's position. Which also makes me like the guy even more!
Old 03-08-2008, 12:28 PM
TECH Regular

GLad your back i enjoy reading your post and think this site would be a odd place with out you and Pat G. its nice to see someone else side of view who knows what they are talking about. Well hope is well.