Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No oil Pressure Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No oil Pressure Help!!!

Here is the deal I have a 5.3 in my car had to change the pan due to clearance issues. My oil pressure was fine and the car ran good with the stock truck pan 40PSI at idle. Put a moroso pan on part number 20140 and the pickup they recomend part number 24050 tried to start it and no oil pressure let it run for about 10-20 seconds. Then pulled the remote oil filter to see if oil made it in there none no oil in the line at all. Check to make sure there was nothing block the two fittings coming off the pan they were clear and tried to crank it for a few seconds with the coil packs disconnected no oil came out of the fittings. Has this happen to anybody what could I have done wrong or missed something?? Please any help would be great sorry this is so long it is just frustrating to have to pull the tranny and motor again!!
Old 03-08-2008, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

you are not getting pick up. did you replace the o-ring on the pickup tube? chances are it is either pinched or not there.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Staging Lane

Yes i did replace the oil ring that came with the pickup can you go more in to detail about being pinched?It seemed a little different then the stock one but i am not sure i have the motor open now i will check it in about 30 or so minutes. Thanks