Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

turbo problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 07:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo problem

ok well i started on my turbo and everything and since i am doing it in school i am on a schedual....well we goteveryhting done almost all the lines for oil and all the inake and exhaust pipe dont the turbo is hooked up and all that we put the maf sensor inthe back with the filter by the turbo.....well we didnt have time to run refrence lines to the waste gate and the bov so we just undid the wategate so the turbo would not boost its just a hole where the flange is ........ te problem is that now my car is slow im getting beat by like suvs and stuff then i pulled off my itake to the throttle body and it dies and wont idle oput it back on a nd it idles fine.....then te ses like comes on and i say something like evap sytem /emissions or some valve thing ...i got no cats but they said it was something with water in the fuel.....can someone help me with everyhting here
Old 03-08-2008, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

The code was probably for a EVAP purge solenoid valve... These are on the drivers side of the engine right above the valve cover and next to the intake. It allows your engine to consume gas vapor from the fuel tank so the hydro carbons dont enter the atomsphere. Make sure its hooked up in the manifold and that there are no vacuum leaks. This sounds like a vacuum leak as any air consumed by the engine that wasnt metered by the MAF is going to cause you to lean out. I would check for a vacuum leak first. They suck to diagnose but usually easy to repair. Good luck
Old 03-09-2008, 07:25 AM
TECH Resident

Just follow the fuel lines up to the mani to find it; has a sensor with red palstic on it beside the rails. The hose that exits it goes back into the intake. Make sure it is pluged in and all the evap fittings are too. If it's fine then prob a vac leak like Johawk said.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:46 AM
TECH Resident

The first place I would check for a vac leak would be the rubber grommet that houses the pcv valve. It's in the hose that goes into the intake on the pass. side. Those things are POS's. I have replaced 3 when the car was stock.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:31 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya, sounds like a vac leak. Did you jack around with your timing yet in preperation for a FI tune? My car would be a freaking dog if I didn't have boost.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

whats the easyest way to check for vac leaks

Quick Reply: turbo problem