Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission is in!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 09:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission is in!!!!

Huge thanks to Performabuilt! couldnt be any happier with there level2 transmission. The install went easy, seemed a little to easy but there were no extra bolts or nuts so thats a very good thing. Transmission performs very well, shifts arnt as firm as i expected wouldnt mind them a bit firmer but im also waiting awhile before i really get on it. The lines and stock cooler came out very clean so left it is hooked up to it for now to see how it does, temps stay at 200 which is right where the stock one was at. I noticed that when shifting the car stays at roughly the same rpm or a very slight drop. Is that because of the slighter bigger stall? Also i have to give it a bit more gas to get going in drive or reverse where as the stock one moved pretty good with out giving it gas. How many miles roughly should i put on the trans before i really start beating the car? Thank you Performabuilt
Old 03-09-2008, 09:40 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

The higher stall will do several things you will have to give a little more gas to get going and actually a little more so in reverse due to the gear ratio. The stall will also act as a pillow cushion for the low throttle shifts you will find them quite firm when you do get on it. Gald you are pleased and that the install went smoothly

Call 888-744-6542