General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Is this a broken window motor

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a broken window motor

From the time I bought the car up to now the drivers side window motor has always been sluggish. Well today I went to wax my car and I had both windows down to listen to the radio. After I was down i pulled my car back into the car port and when I went to roll the windows up they didnt roll up not one bit. It didnt even flinch. Has my window motor finally kicked the bucket.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:04 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by oneblackTA2000
From the time I bought the car up to now the drivers side window motor has always been sluggish. Well today I went to wax my car and I had both windows down to listen to the radio. After I was down i pulled my car back into the car port and when I went to roll the windows up they didnt roll up not one bit. It didnt even flinch. Has my window motor finally kicked the bucket.
If neither window moved, My guess is, you blew a fuse.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:10 PM
Launching!

Yeah but the passenger window goes up fine and it is the drivers side window that wont go up.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:41 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by oneblackTA2000
Yeah but the passenger window goes up fine and it is the drivers side window that wont go up.
Oh. I was confused by your 1st post. it sounded like neither window was moving.

I would double check your switch and make sure its making contact. In my experience, when my window motors kicked the bucket, I was warned by the following symptom...
Window goes up half way and stops. A few seconds later, push the switch again and the window goes up a few more inches. Repeat until the window goes all the way up.

Right now my pass window is sluggish but goes all the way up every time (so far). I think I'll find out soon exactly how that one dies (especially now that I wrote that).