General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Do i need the drill mod??

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 09:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do i need the drill mod??

Took one of my friends for a ride today who had never ridin in it so i went out to do a quarter mile...i slipped the clutch pretty hard off the line a little harder than i meant to (not the best tires so its hard not to spin), i sliped it up to about 4 grand i guess cuz i just wanst payin enough attention well the clutch didnt feel right when i shiftied into 2nd and when i went to shift to 3rd it didnt go into gear, than i realized my clutch was sticking about halway down and i kept havein to pull it out and pump it, i slowly drove it into town to let everything cool and then it went away and clutch started working perfect again....i assume the only reason it did it was because of the heat caused by the excesiive clutch slip cuz its never done it before but do i need to do anything about it or just be more carefull from now on? thanks in advance
Old 03-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes exactly same problem with me at the track and now the drill mod has solved my problem! but just as important as that is wraping the line with high temp tape, to keep it from heating up!
Old 03-10-2008, 09:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

when it warms up a little, ill flush the fluid and do the drill mod, lol dam it was hard to get it going from a stop with only half a clutch
Old 03-10-2008, 09:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Where can I find the heat reflective tape im gonna do the drill mod tomarrow and Advanced didnt have anything neather did Carquest or this other place in town, would lows or home depot have it?
Old 03-11-2008, 02:48 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2000Z28ls1
Where can I find the heat reflective tape im gonna do the drill mod tomarrow and Advanced didnt have anything neather did Carquest or this other place in town, would lows or home depot have it?
lowes or home depot should have some, or you can try getting it from autozone or any other auto parts store! i used an aviation electrical heat wrap it worked great on mine!