98 valve covers changing to 99+ Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 98 valve covers changing to 99+ Need Help

Hi.

I'm shopping around or valve covers and getting more confused as i go

There is at least 2 nipples on the pass side valve cover. 1 of which comes off the throttle body and the other comes off the front of the intake, I think... can't really see that well. The driver side valve cover all the way in the back there is a very large hose coming off it as well?

Looking at all these various valve covers, none have these same connections and I'm thinking to myself how is this possibly going to work. See the 2 valve covers below, the different connections. Then some aftermarket center bolt valve covers I see have NO connections at all besides an oil fill and breather

Can these connections be eliminated? For example capping the nipple on the throttle body that runs to one of the nipples on the pass side cover and so fourth?

Maybe some 98 guys that have changed over can offer me some insight I hope. Also if anyone reading this has these items for sale and coil brackets please let me know

Which Set???

Last edited by deathcharge; 03-11-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Did you 98 guys have to get the complete 99+ PCV hosing set up as well? Because the 98 nipple locations are different

OR should I just delete the PCV system . I'm reading both pros and cons in doing this.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:42 PM
11 Second Club

i mistakingly bought some centerbolt heads for my 98, and i didnt realize it until I installed them on my ride. Since they were on back order for a month, i just purchased the centerbolt valve covers and deleted the EGR system. Took it all off and works fine for me.

P.S. why are you changing over??
Old 03-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Teching In

Well I'm doing a head and cam swap TSP 5.3 Stg 2.5 heads and Torquer V3 cam.

Virtually all heads out there require the center bolt covers. I do remember seeing a set of heads that used the old perimeter style covers but can't remember the maunfactuer.

I been reading by deleting the PCV and just using breathers that they eventurally clog up
Old 03-11-2008, 02:11 PM
11 Second Club

Nah, i have been using breathers on my setup for almost 3 years and they are alright. I check them before I hit the track all the time. And the heads ur talking about are probably the patriots. Cuz I know they have the perimeter bolts. But I wouldnt recommend them if ur going with TSP. Their ****, more than likely, matches. Oh, and ur gonna have to get the coil brackets and might have to ghetto rig the coils to it if u cant figure it out. I did. then i fixed it.