Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Installation help

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installation help

so I got some extra cash and its gone now ha. I bought adjustable lcas with relocaripn brackets and an adjustable torque arm with the umi relocation bracket. They are both single adjustable and I have no idea on how to adjust them properly. Also I went ahead and bought the qa1 type r suspension from speed Inc. Please give me as much advise as u can. Appreciated greatly.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With the LCA's, you adjust them to the same length as the stock. So lay them next to each other on a bench and adjust accordingly. They are adjustable because sometime the rearend is tweaked from the factory (visible by how the whell/tire is centered in the fender. So axle could look like this / or \ and you can 'adjust' it back to straight. 99% of the time people just adjust to stock length.

The torque arm should have directions with it.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:03 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If all the items are our pieces (UMI) the nice thing is we set them to factory length during assemble.. so all adjustable items shipped are pre-set for you.

If you have any additional questions regarding the installation or adjustment please call our tech support at 814-857-5400

Thanks!
Ryan
Old 03-11-2008, 05:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks alot... so i just got my qa1 set today and was very happy to see it! i was wondering what kind of springs do you guys run on your setup in the rear? i have the 300 weight spring for the fronts since i drive around town in the car. this is not my daily driver though. ive heard stock and ive heard eibach.. what do you recomend?