LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT-1 performance fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT-1 performance fuel pump

Hey everyone im getting ready to buy a fuel pump for my 96 formula bird. i have found a couple on summit racing. like a granatelli ( dont know if i spelled that right) for like a $130 bucks but it doesnt come with a sending unit and its adjustable. how do i know what to adjust it to and do i need to get a sending unit too or can i just replace the pump. thanks in advance.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Go with the racetronix pump, there a sponser. Its the same pump as the one granatelli uses. Make sure to get it with the wiring harness to. I ordered one today, total cost was about 240 shipped.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:03 PM
10 Second Club

^ Agree, I went with a Racetronix Walbro 255LPH Fuel Pump from Thunder Racing And it works awesome. Also they offer a booster harness as well to apply more voltage to the pump so at higher rpm you get more fuel supply. The install was simple. Just pull out the entire sending unit & use a razor blade to cut apart the box holding the pump in, and then just rewire the new pump where the old pump was. You'll have to use a paper clip or ?? to remove the wire and replace it with the one on the walbro pump. It's a piece of cake honest. Then when you get it wired just put it back in the bowl and re-glue it and hold it together with a C-Clamp for a few hours till it dries and then re-install in in the tank. The hardest part is getting the tank out, but it's easy if you just cut a trap door out of the trunk.
If you need any help just LMK.

James
Old 03-13-2008, 03:11 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
^ Agree, I went with a Racetronix Walbro 255LPH Fuel Pump from Thunder Racing And it works awesome. Also they offer a booster harness as well to apply more voltage to the pump so at higher rpm you get more fuel supply. The install was simple. Just pull out the entire sending unit & use a razor blade to cut apart the box holding the pump in, and then just rewire the new pump where the old pump was. You'll have to use a paper clip or ?? to remove the wire and replace it with the one on the walbro pump. It's a piece of cake honest. Then when you get it wired just put it back in the bowl and re-glue it and hold it together with a C-Clamp for a few hours till it dries and then re-install in in the tank. The hardest part is getting the tank out, but it's easy if you just cut a trap door out of the trunk.
If you need any help just LMK.

James
word.....same pump im running.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:41 AM
Launching!

should i also get the like body ground addition too. or it was something like that is what it said some kinda of extra ground. i was thinkin bout getting the kit that cost $221.00 before shipping. is that the one everyone else is getting they also have one other kit that is just a little more expensive.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

walbro 315lph here...LOL...good for lots of nitrous
Old 03-13-2008, 12:42 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on the Racetronix/Walbro kit from Thunder. Exactly what I did on my '94.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:34 AM
10 Second Club

Just make sure the fuel pump kit comes with the Booster Harness for the Fuel Pump! (Thunder Racing)

And Jeff, 315 lph is a bit much for his mods....Unless he's planning on a built motor with nitrous. And we all know you like OVERKILL (Not that thats a Bad Thing or anything) J/K

Quick Reply: LT-1 performance fuel pump