LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

diagnoising bad opti????

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 09:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default diagnoising bad opti????

alright here is the deal my cars revs up to about 7500 rpm.... after a quick little romp my car began to run funny.... didnt sound the same..... but it was running.... felt like car had mutiple mis fires.... OBD 1 car no engine light. pulled out all 8 spark plugs. they were all foul full of raw fuel. changed the plugs and the car ran the same. wires look good.... i am assuming optispark went bad due to high reving car.... any opinions.... next thing is to do a compression check but all 8 cylinders. the car turns on good but runs like crap.... i can smell the raw fuel at upper rpm.... Thanks
Old 03-11-2008, 11:51 PM
Teching In

You might look into changing our your o2 sensors, I had my pass side o2 go bad and it took out all four plugs on that side. It ran like crap. But then i replaced the o2 and the plugs and never had a problem again. Maybe both of your went bad. Just a possibility
Old 03-12-2008, 11:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nope both r new o2's... this car does not use the o2's to monitor fuel... it runs off of a set tune.... it does adjust but not crucial like a OBD 2/ MAF car....

Quick Reply: diagnoising bad opti????