LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Another question

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another question

alright well i took my car to have it looked at to see why it was misfiring, and it turned out that the cat that i put on the car about a month and a half or 2 months ago was completely clogged... and the guy at the shop said that he thinks that im either burning oil or running really rich, but i dont ever use oil between changes, so id say more than likely it is running really rich... but right now i completely hate the sound of my car... and it sounds like im at WOT when im running at about 2000 rpm's... im basically embarrased to drive it because it sounds so god awful... but the guy at the shop also said that he didnt want to put another converter on it or glasspack or anything like that because it would more than likely just clog again and id be in the same boat or worse than last time, so i was just wondering what i can do to make this thing not so damn raspy... or is there any way to mess with the car to make the car run leaner without getting it tuned or anything that involves electronics basically? it is soooooo raspy, and i hate hearing any rasp at all unless im hearing a car with full exhaust, and even then im not too big of a fan of it... but i just want to either take care of the air/fuel problem, or just make this thing sound either deeper or just less raspy, and im stumped on what to do
so if someone could, please help
oh and by the way... right now i have the cat removed with all 2.5'' pipe, and a hooker muffler... and just a piece of pipe in the place of the cat