PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I CANT GET MY CAR TO RUN GOOD!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I CANT GET MY CAR TO RUN GOOD!!!!!!

OK Boys and girls. Here is the situation. I own a 96 ta (mods below). I have been trying to tune it for the last few weeks with no luck. Somthing is messed up. And the fact that i have never done this before can not be helping to much. The car runs rich through the entire rpm range. When i try to alter any of the tables the car developes a hesitation around 4,500 rps. (when my boost starts to realy kick in) i have tried to alter every table in every way imaginable and i still can not get the car to lean out. The car is also very hard to start. I have to hold down the gas peddeal to get it started. I increased the 0- rpms timming advance and it helped alot. But it still dont start like it should. Also when i first flash any new changes in the car. It seems to run ok for a while but then the car starts to adjust and it will stall out. Im lost. Please help. If needed i can make a run and a-tap it and send it to some who wants to help out.....thanks

PS- I HAVE NO MISSFIRES OR KNOCK RETARD.The car runs around 170 degress all day long and my intake temps are constantly right around 100 degress.
She feels slow as hell. i MEAN SLOW FOR WHERE IT SHOULD BE.

1996 TA,M6 SUPERCHARGED 7-PSI, INTERCOOLED, GTP STAGE 2 HEADS, COMP CAMS 224/232/580/580 LIFT. Stock short block. 58 MM TB. GM MAF, HOOKER LONG TUBE HEADERS JET HOT COATED. NEW OPTI SPARK AND O2S.