Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why cant i get n20?!

Old 03-14-2008, 02:20 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why cant i get n20?!

I mean seriously WTF. i got my bottle filled once at mikes off road off of 121. 7lbs of n20 and 3lbs of air. but he didnt bother to tell me this till i figured out i was purging and sprayin air wtf...
so he says hes going to give me a free fill. so i go back the next day. purge a few times. and more air comes out... and my bottle pressure is around the 400-700 range after the warmer has been on wtf?!
Old 03-14-2008, 05:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Air dosent weigh anything. If you left the shop with you bottle weighing 25lbs, then you did get 10 lbs of nitrous.

What can happen if you stop getting liquid nitrousw after 7 lbs, is that your draw tube is most likely not positioned correctly, or maybe your bottle isn't mounted in the correct orientation in the car. Then the liquid nitrous boils, and yoiu draw vapor for the last 3 lbs.

Also, even when the draw tube is set up perfect, you never can really get 10 lbs out, usually 9 or so. So its important to find a fill station that charges by the lb, so if you only need 9, then you only pay for 9.
Hpoe that helps.
Vinny
Old 03-14-2008, 07:42 AM
FormerVendor

Find a new filling station. I doubt you will, but if you still have any problem we can go from there.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a bottle the other day the that weighed out at the 25 lbs, but it was still crap. I tried to spray off the line and it would hit and then let off and then it would pulse all the way down the track. I picked up almost four tenths a second by changing to a bottle that had been filled somewhere else.

I had been running the tires at 22 pounds with the old bottle. The new bottle hit so hard that I had to drop the mt's down to 14 pounds and burnout in vht to hook.

Even if the bottle weighs 25 pounds you can still get a crappy fill.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bluehawk2
I got a bottle the other day the that weighed out at the 25 lbs, but it was still crap. I tried to spray off the line and it would hit and then let off and then it would pulse all the way down the track. I picked up almost four tenths a second by changing to a bottle that had been filled somewhere else.

I had been running the tires at 22 pounds with the old bottle. The new bottle hit so hard that I had to drop the mt's down to 14 pounds and burnout in vht to hook.

Even if the bottle weighs 25 pounds you can still get a crappy fill.

10lbs of nitrous is 10 lbs of nitrous. The key here is you switched bottles.(to a bottle with a properly installed draw tube)

Empty your bottle and inspect your draw tube. I've even seen them get bent from being dropped in shipping, its pretty common.
GL,
Vinny
Old 03-14-2008, 07:30 PM
12 Second Club

You may be having bottle issues...or other issues for that matter.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why cant i get n20?!